Cumulus version 1.9.3 has been released, and is available on the downloads page. Please read the announcement in the forum before installing it.
You are currently browsing the archive for the Software category.
The final build of Cumulus version 1.9.2 was released on March 20th 2012, see the downloads page.
Please see the support forum for announcements of beta builds of version 1.9.3.
Cumulus 1.9.2 has now been released and is available from the downloads page.
Cumulus version 1.9.1 is now available from the downloads page.
Changes from 1.9.0:
- Added ‘apparent temperature’ and web tag <#apptemp>
- Added humidity high and low, and corresponding web tags
- Wunderground uploads ‘catch up’ from logger data
- Allow chart line width to be configured
- Allow individual temperature chart lines to be shown/hidden
- Optional gradient background for charts
- Fix evapotranspiration recording (Davis)
- Calculate hours of sunshine (Davis)
- Added high rain rate to “this month/year/period” display
- Added rain to xAP reports
- Option to round wind speeds to nearest integer
- Option to disconnect Davis IP connections once a minute
- Select-A-Graph colours saved over a restart
- Option to show/hide humidity chart lines
- Don’t initialise USB for non-USB stations
- Wind rose transparency is configurable
- New wind gauge
- New spike removal facility
- Moved realtime FTP into separate thread
- Compass colours now configurable
- New all time record for apparent temp and heat index, plus webtags
- New all time record display and editor
- Add sunshine hours to this month/year/period displays
- Start of rainfall season can be specified
- New ‘highs and lows’ displays, and corresponding web tags
- Support of WH3080 and WH3081 stations
- ‘Format’ parameters for date and time web tags
- Run external commands at ftp time
- Maintain highs and lows for dew point
- Moon percent web tags
- Solar Radiation, UV, and Apparent temp added to Select-A-Graph
- New editors for highs and lows with re-generation from log files
- web tags for all-time records indicators
- ‘Lowest max’ and ‘Highest min’ temps now include times
- Many other enhancements and fixes
Cumulus version 1.9.0 is now available from the downloads page.
Changes from 1.8.9:
- new webtags – timehhmmss and currentwdir
- add cloudbase and average wind direction (compass) to realtime.txt
- changed to ‘new’ Twitter authentication method (OAuth)
- added latitude and longitude to tweets
- fix date problem with monthly rain record when using 9am rollover
- APRS and wxnow.txt: Represent 0% RH by 1% (zero means 100)
- bug fix: don’t use entries more than once when reading FO archive data
- use Cumulus calculated wind speed for wind chill calculation, if that option is selected
- send wind to Wunderground with 1 dp for non-Davis stations
- new web tag – <#newrecord> – 1 if ‘new record’ light is flashing, 0 if not
- Write UV and Solar Rad to monthly log files
- Make sure to send decimal degrees to Wunderground when temp goes above 100F
- Don’t log WU and PWS Weather passwords to debug log
- Option to have forecast updated only once per hour
- [ER 12] Added <#LastRainTipISO> web tag – date/time of last rain gauge tip
- Use an improved Heat Index formula which is valid below humidity of 40%
- Log failed dayfile.txt entry to diags log and flash error light
- Correct Degrees to DMS calculation for some cases
- Fix Twitter timestamp bug which caused ’401′ failures
- Fix problem in southern hemisphere in previous Twitter fix
Cumulus 1.8.9 (build 930) is now available for download.
See the downloads section for the link, and the Cumulus product page for a list of changes.
Cumulus 1.8.8 (build 881) is now available for download.
Changes from 1.8.7:
- Added comparison of day length with tomorrow (and web tag)
- Handle (by ignoring) errors from creation of moon bitmap
- Added <#nextwindindex> web tag (see help)
- Improved layout slightly on smaller displays
- Added option to periodically disconnect realtime ftp
- Fix heat index for temp under 80F or humidity under 40%
- Fix spurious extra entry on end of <#wdirdata> and <#wspddata>
- Add error code to ftp connect error message
- Added ‘This Period’ screen (see ‘View’ menu)
- Fixed crash caused by default value when pressure calibration box is cleared
- Added ‘save as PNG’ to Select-A-Graph
- Added Heat Index to data log, outside temp graph, and Select-A-Graph
- Added wind chill and dew point to Select-A-Graph
- Added ability to display multiple parameters on Select-A-Graph
- Option to display Humidex instead of Heat Index on main screen
- ftp upload is now in a separate thread to improve UI performance
- Changed Wunderground upload to send ‘latest’ wind speed not average
- Added tray icon ‘tooltip’ with wind speed and temperature
- Changed code for closing data log, and added warning if not written
- Fix bug where first rapid fire Wunderground update could contain zeroes
- Fix bug where having ‘this period’ window open causes failure to write data log
- Ignore humidity of zero on Fine Offset and LaCrosse stations
- Fix forecasts for high pressure extremes
- Allow WMR928 etc extra sensor to act as main temp sensor (ini file setting)
- Fix very high wind speeds on Fine Offset
- Fix filtering of zero humidity
- Fix occasional display of dashes for sunset in some timezones
- Correctly log http response codes in debug log
- Changed scale label intervals on wind speed gauge
- Correct 1-minute average temp being deg C when using data from Fine Offset logger
- Fix pressure trend used in forecast, if units are inHg
- Added ‘FCPressureThreshold’ ini-file entry to control forecast generation
- Increased size of input boxes on all-time record editor
- Fix problem where inside temp graph colour setting was lost over a restart
- Fix problem where wind direction graph colour setting was lost over a restart
- Allow average wind direction graph colour to be changed
- Make sure dew point is still calculated when humidity 100%
- As above, but for ‘live’ data as well as logger data!
- Fix switching off of all-time records LEDs
- added ability to configure/translate forecast strings via strings.ini
- Fix to allow WMR928 users to use Cumulus forecast
- Added more strings to strings.ini
- Added two new realtime.txt items and web tags – forecastnumber and isdaylight
- Truncate custom tweets at 140 characters
- Allow thickness of chart legend symbols to be configured
- Added ‘max wind speed’ option for La Crosse (via cumulus.ini setting)
- Select-A-Graph now has gust as well as peak gust
- Added temp/pressure trends to strings.ini
- Correct colours of web wind direction graph
- Stop tray icon appearing when ‘minimise to tray’ not selected
- Fix ‘waxing gibbous’ strings.ini setting name
- Average temp calculation using logger data now uses calibrated value
- Fix average wind and gale days on ‘This period’ display
- Round time to previous log interval when asking for VP logger data, to avoid Davis bug
- Make sure first wind and temp readings have been made before calculating wind chill
This version requires the Silverlight 3 runtime, and fixes a few bugs (e.g. broken gauge animation).
It can be downloaded from the downloads page.
The Cumulus Wiki is now live. Please have a look at it, use it, and contribute if you can.
Cumulus 1.8.7 (build 819) is now available for download.
Changes from 1.8.6:
- Increase number of recent saved wind samples to ensure 10 minutes worth
- Attempt to fix incorrect daylight hours count where daylight crosses midnight
- Apply multiplier to yesterday’s rain once rather than twice!
- Fixed min temp and pressure being zero when Cumulus is first run
Cumulus ‘Realtime’ version 126.96.36.199 is now available in the downloads section. This is a Silverlight application which you can install on your web site which will allow the viewing of your data in real time. See here for a demonstration.
Cumulus 1.8.6 (build 812) is now available for download.
Changes from 1.8.5:
– Fixed saving of non-default ftp port
- Added option to use file for twitter update
- Added web tags for WMR928 extra sensors
– Option to keep to clock time year-round for 0900 rollover
– Option to prevent multiple instances running
– Captions for WMR928 extra channels are configurable
– Fixed problem where Fine Offset day rollover not done when bad data detected
– Corrected ‘rain since midnight’ for 0900 rollovers (for Wunderground etc)
– Option to copy files locally instead of ftp
– Don’t write today.ini unless station contacted
– Option to have South as origin of wind direction charts
– Fix average temp calculation when using logger data
– Fix problem with daily extremes when first logger entry causes day rollover
– Attempt to avoid reading WS23xx data when station is talking to remote sensors
– Added ‘Print…’ menu to Select-a-graph window
– Fixed high rain rate at startup (Fine offset)
– Added option to copy images to a specified folder
– Send altimeter pressure to CWOP instead of MSLP
– Added <#dawn>, <#dusk> and <#daylightlength> web tags
– Added dawn/dusk display to main screen
– Option to display cloud base on main screen
- Option to configure cloud base units independently of altitude units
– Set colour of moon phase text to black
– Option to restart Cumulus if Fine Offset station uplugged
– Range of wind gauge can now be specified
– Snow unit text in diary can now be specified
Cumulus 1.8.4 (build 603) is now available for download.
Changes from version 1.8.3:
- Added ET,UV and Solar Rad for Davis stations
- Added pressure range config for forecast
- Added config for FTP port number
- Improved Fine Offset rain rate calculation
- Display Davis transmitter battery status
- Fixed an error in one of the forecast strings
- Fixed a startup problem for some Fine Offset users
- Added battery status for WMR-928 (etc)
- Added ET,UV and SolarRad to realtime.txt
- Fixed <#temptrendtext> tag for deg F users
- Fixed colour change for daily rain chart
- Increased pressure and ET resolution by 1 dp for Davis
- Added experimental forced VP barometer update
- Help now has search facility
- Prevent calibrated humidity being >100 or <0
- Fixed ET decimal places
- Added day length, moonrise, and moonset times, with web tags
- Added ‘delete before upload’ option for ftp
- Improved ftp connect timeout handling
- Added resize option for web graph files
- Added <#windrunY> web tag – yesterday’s wind run
- Added extra debugging for WS2300
- Changed latitude/longitude/elevation web tag output to have
- Fixed WS2300 absolute pressure in history data bug
- Fixed garbage entry when downloading WS2300 history
- Ignore dubious relative pressure reading at startup (Fine Offset)
- Save backups of data files at startup
- Use different temp filenames for realtime uploads
- Adds 10-minute average wind bearing (degrees) to realtime.txt
- Add latest gust to data log
- Option to plot latest gust instead of recent max gust
- Option to display bearing of zero degrees and ‘—’ when calm
- Added ‘rain last hour’ to realtime.txt
Cumulus 1.8.3 (build 539) is now available for download. This release contains a whole host of new features and bug fixes:
- Changed “kph” to “km/h”
- Changed graphs left axis increment for rainfall in inches
- Fixed temp/pressure/rain last hour and rate during startup
- Fixed wind direction offset crash
- Added ‘build’ web tag
- Wunderground ‘rapid fire’ option
- ‘Close on suspend’ option
- Improved UI responsiveness
- Support for La Crosse WS2300 range
- Added creation of wxnow.txt file
- Fixed display of calibrated wind values
- Added inside temp and humidity to data log file
- Added inside temp, inside and outside humidity to select-a-graph
- Changed default date/times for select-a-graph
- Changed checking of Fine Offset status byte
- Swapped positions of Temp Min/Max and Rain Today thumbnails
- Fixed some problems with VP2 logger data download
- Attempt to cater for repeated data line at Fine Offset startup
- Corrected display of ‘yesterday’ calibrated rain
- Changed due north bearing from zero to 360 degrees
- Added extra diagnostics for Wunderground update
- Encoded space in Wunderground string correctly
- Added two new graphs, and average temp to min/max graph
- Fixed problem where data logs don’t get created on first run (Oregon only)
- Fixed windchill calculation for data from Davis logger
- Allow for calibration in wind chill, dew point, and heat index
- ‘Calculate wind chill’ option
- Use calibrated pressure in all-time records etc
- Added support for xAP Home Automation weather reports
- Added option to generate weather forecasts
This is mainly a bug-fixing release. See the changelog for details.
This release has a number of enhancements and bug fixes. See the changelog for details.
Cumulus 1.8.0 is now available for download. The major change in this release is the support of the data loggers in the Davis Vantage Pro/Pro2 and Fine Offset weather stations. The main benefit of this is that you no longer need to run Cumulus 24 hours a day.
I strongly recommend that you back up the contents of your Cumulus data folder before installing this release.
Cumulus version 1.7.17 is now available for download.
This version has a number of improvements to prevent ‘bad’ data being received from Fine Offset/Watson/MyDel etc stations. Users of these stations are strongly recommended to upgrade.
Also new in this release is a small enhancement to allow the background colour of the clock to be changed.
Cumulus version 1.7.16 is now available for download.
This version should solve most of the problems that many people have been having with the ‘Easyweather Direct’ mode for direct USB connection to Fine Offset and similar rebadged stations.
New in this release:
- Fixed a bug where the units set on the first run weren’t used until a restart
- Added support for PWS Weather/WeatherForYou/HAMweather
- Fixed problem where ‘easyweather direct’ mode didn’t work for some users
- Corrected pressure display for ‘easyweather direct’ mode to allow for calibrated value
- Changed all degree symbols on web pages to ° – really did it this time!
Cumulus version 1.7.14 is now available for download.
This release is mainly bug fixes and a bit of tweaking.
Cumulus version 1.7.12 is now available for download.
This version adds support for ‘Easyweather’ stations (e.g. MyDEL, Nevada, Fine Offset etc) by ‘piggy-backing’ off the easyweather.dat file.
Also, a new ‘real time’ display of wind speed and direction for the web, using an Adobe Flash application. Go to http://www.sanday.org.uk/weather/gauges.htm to see how it looks.
This version also allows you to enter your rainfall for the year so far when you first start using Cumulus.
Cumulus version 1.7.11 is now available for download. The main change is a new web page for ‘gauges’, which includes gauges from jsGraphIT, and also the three wind gauges from the Cumulus mains screen.
Note that the gauges web page needs a few files uploading to your web site, these are provided in the webfiles folder where you installed Cumulus. There’s a javsscript file, and a ‘dbimages’ folder containing various other files. These all need uploading to your ‘base’ Cumulus folder on your web site (keep the dbimages files inside that folder). See the help file if this isn’t clear. If it still isn’t clear, ask in the forum.
The CSS file has also been modified slightly, you will also need to upload this to your web site to replace the existing one.
Cumulus version 1.7.10 is now available for download. I’ve added some configuration options to the APRS facility, and I’ve made the settings for web, APRS, and Weather Underground independent. You can now specify a different upload interval for each. The upload interval can be specified as a number of minutes rather than choosing from a few preset options.
Note that after upgrading, you should check the internet settings, as some default settings will have been applied which you may want to alter.
Cumulus version 1.7.9 is now available for download. I’ve added basic support for CWOP/APRS and fixed a few places where a bug report box used to pop up when something unusual happens. Cumulus should now attempt to recover from these situations automatically.
Please note that it appears that Cumulus doesn’t work with Windows 98 (nor 95, I guess).
Cumulus v1.7.8 is now available for download via the products menu.
This version corrects a problem on some wireless Oregon Scientific stations where the pressure trend description was not updated. There is a also a change to make the sunrise and sunset times update every hour, rather than just at midnight, so the times are correct on days where daylight savings time starts and ends.