Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Mocroburst measured to 145kmhr and videod

Talk about the weather
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Mocroburst measured to 145kmhr and videod

Post by MickinMoulden »

If you check my facebook page (I can't share a link for the video, but here is the page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Palmerst ... 7960282731), for February 14th, you will see a video of a little storm that appeared on radar (radar shots supplied) but it contained a microburst as it moved at 60kmhr across the small town of Kununurra at the top of Western Australia. Watch the video as it clears the balcony of chairs and tables at a restaurant. It broke the all time record at the town for wind gusts measured by the Australian BOM to 144kmhr, flipped a plane and nearly killed a girl as a huge tree fell and crushed the back of a ute where the girl was sitting.

If you also want to see a fridge blown through a balcony guard rail, then you can check out my "Fan Photo's" album. That day the storm broke my wind gauge pole and I videoed the event (check youtube app on the page, you will hear the wind gauge pop off as the pole bends). Our record speed at the airport is 217kmhr (from a cyclone in '74).
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage