IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

ITN would like to interview someone about Met Office WOW

Talk about the weather
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

ITN would like to interview someone about Met Office WOW

Postby steve » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:21 am

I've been contacted by an ITN journalist who would like to interview someone on camera in the London area - today - about the Met Office WOW site. Obviously this would need to be someone who uploads to the site and feels confident about talking about it. As far as I can tell this is not about the recent problems, but is about the site in general. He says: "We need to come and talk to someone in London today, on camera, to explain it to our viewers, and run them through the technology. "

If you can help, please reply here (or PM me) and I'll pass on the contact details. This is rather short notice, he has just sent me a second email saying that filming needs to be complete by 2pm today!
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Re: ITN would like to interview someone about Met Office WOW

Postby PaulMy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:17 pm

We need to come and talk to someone in London today

I would and only 4 km from London, ...but presume he means London, UK :lol:

Paul

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: ITN would like to interview someone about Met Office WOW

Postby steve » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:21 pm

I didn't ask, but I think it's the one in the UK, yes ;)
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “Weather”