Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Greetings from Orkney

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Turvey
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Win 7

Greetings from Orkney

Post by Turvey »

That'll make Steve pay attention :)

Newbie from Kirkwall, Orkney here. Been lurking for a wee while but thought I would post a hello.

Just acquired a secondhand Vantage Vue complete with a datalogger as well. It has a few issues including a broken wind vane, my fault :oops: and a fault on the console whereby there's a couple of lines of text missing from the bottom right hand corner. It's not enough to put me off though.

I've not installed the station yet, just had it sitting outside for a couple of days to test it, hence the broken vane. I must find a suitable place for installation that is agreeable to Mrs Turvey as well.

I got Cumulus working without too much bother, which I found out about thanks to a member on another forum, Pete_C, I think.

I've spent a LOT of time reading posts esp about setting up webpages etc and would eventually like to get a webcam set up as we have, I think anyway, quite a good view of the harbour and all the goings on with boat movements etc but that's all for the future I think.

Thanks for looking and I'm sure I'll have questions for you in the future.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Greetings from Orkney

Post by PaulMy »

Welcome, and as you know if one is a weather enthusiast there are good things that come from Orkney.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

ace2
Weather Station: maxkon ws-1081pc
Operating System: windows 7 & 8

Post by ace2 »

Looking foward to seeing the future.....
CHRIS
web site
http://www.ace2weather.com
Follow me on Twitter
http://tinyurl.com/kwlr9re
YouTube channel
http://tinyurl.com/lehwpgp
Facebook page
http://tinyurl.com/k3sap4s
Tiny URL links used
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Welcome, and you do know what Mrs Turvey is letting herself in for do you? :lol:
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I look forward to seeing myself getting on and off the ferry :)
Steve
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

Thank you for the welcomes and sorry for the delay in replying. Life gets in the way sometimes!

Anyway, back to weather things. As I mentioned in my initial post I've got a 'pre-loved' Vantage Vue with a couple of issues. One of these is that the console has a couple of lines of LED segments missing and at least one of the buttons seems to unresponsive, the DONE button and also maybe the + and - ones as well.

I realise that US based folk can send their stuff back to Davis for repair but is there anywhere in the UK that supplies this service? Failing that, I seem to remember seeing a screenshot of a Vue console 'mirrored' on a computer screen. How is this done? Is it even possible or is my memory playing tricks with me?

I have recently acquired a 10ish foot 1 1/2 inch diameter galvanised pole and am keen to get it up and set up the weather station.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Turvey wrote:I realise that US based folk can send their stuff back to Davis for repair but is there anywhere in the UK that supplies this service?
I don't think there's a direct equivalent in the UK, but there may be a Davis dealer who do repairs. I'm not sure it's economically viable.
Failing that, I seem to remember seeing a screenshot of a Vue console 'mirrored' on a computer screen. How is this done? Is it even possible or is my memory playing tricks with me?
You may be thinking of the one done by Brian (BCJKiwi on the forum) but it's a display, it doesn't replicate the control functions of the console.
Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Failing that, I seem to remember seeing a screenshot of a Vue console 'mirrored' on a computer screen. How is this done? Is it even possible or is my memory playing tricks with me?
Like this? http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/davconvueCU.php or this http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/davconvp2CU.php

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Turvey

Post by Turvey »

steve wrote:
Turvey wrote:I realise that US based folk can send their stuff back to Davis for repair but is there anywhere in the UK that supplies this service?
I don't think there's a direct equivalent in the UK, but there may be a Davis dealer who do repairs. I'm not sure it's economically viable.
You may be thinking of the one done by Brian (BCJKiwi on the forum) but it's a display, it doesn't replicate the control functions of the console.
Cheaper to buy a new one then Steve? :roll: Think I'll just struggle on with it as it is :)

That's the very one Paul, many thanks.