IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Win 10 system clock running slow

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
nking
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Windows 10

Win 10 system clock running slow

Postby nking » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:51 pm

I use a dedicated old laptop to run only Cumulus and Yawcam and since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I find the system clock loses time, approx. 2 mins per day. I have loaded the latest build 10586 and the problem remains. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and whether they have resolved the issue. :groan:

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Win 10 system clock running slow

Postby steve » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Could be the CMOS battery, as it's an old machine. The Win 10 upgrade may be a red herring.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Stretch Lite rPi

Postby mcrossley » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Shouldn't it be set to sync to an ntp server by default - time.windows.com iirc? If not enable it under 'Internet time' settings from the clock. That is how you used to do it anyway, I've not upgraded from Windows 7 yet.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Only once a week, by default. AIUI, changing that interval in Windows 10 involves a registry edit :groan:
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

rogerthn
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 8

Postby rogerthn » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:41 pm

nking wrote:I use a dedicated old laptop to run only Cumulus and Yawcam and since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I find the system clock loses time, approx. 2 mins per day. I have loaded the latest build 10586 and the problem remains. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and whether they have resolved the issue. :groan:

On one of my Windows 10 PC Windows Time service wasn't running i.e. set to manual.

Return to “General”