Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Sensor keeps losing contact

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Smokeymurray
Weather Station: Aercus Instruments WS 3083
Operating System: Windows 7

Sensor keeps losing contact

Post by Smokeymurray »

Hi.

I have an Aercus ws3083 and lately the sensor keeps losing contact. The base station does not show any outside data. This happens at random, throughout the day, in all weathers, and comes back on after say 10-20 mins or so.

I have recently changed the batteries also in the outside equipment, and they are the correct type for the station.

Also as a side note, when trying to clear the memory of the base station I am not able to do this. Pressing the enter key for 3 seconds, like instructed does not bring up the CLR icon to clear the memory.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Sensor keeps losing contact

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

There are many posts on the deficiencies of the Fine Offset radio communications, see for example this very recent thread.

The instructions for my WH-3080 say:

2) Press the HISTORY key again will trigger the memory clear procedure: the word of “CLE” will be flashing; the full memory usage icon will be flashing. Hold the ENTER key for 3 seconds will clear the memory.

Pressing <History> and then <Enter> gives me the "CLE" message on mine. However, there is no real need to clear the memory because the Console just wraps around to overwrite the oldest data. You could try the "full factory reset" procedure (as above, holding the <up> button for 20 seconds) but I don't intend to. :) Removing the batteries from the Console and unplugging the USB cable for about a minute will probably clear the memory.

Cheers, Alan.