Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Orion WS 3036: Sensor Error - Strange!

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
OliverMcDermott
Weather Station: Orion WS3036
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Orion WS 3036: Sensor Error - Strange!

Post by OliverMcDermott »

I'll add my experience: these posts helped me out of a similar / identical issue.

Today was a record "hot" day with a particularly high UV index. (the weather bureau published a national advisory)

I own an Orion WS3036 - A fine offset "clone" - the console lost connection early this morning & after spending several hours trying & repeating various "tricks" including: replacing batteries & following reset procedure, manually searching for the station (Press 'Down' for 4 seconds), changing position of console, etc.

Nothing worked - the UV/Light Sensor reported data but everything else reported "---"
(the first time this has happened)

I got fed up and left it, and when I returned this afternoon (still HOT!) - I inserted batteries again and the station started transmitting everything but humidity and temp.

I repeated the above-mentioned steps several times again, then left it alone for a while longer.
...until this evening - I've done the same thing I did earlier, and the unit is once again reporting all data...

Interesting...