Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Met Office WOW site - upgraded but many stations missing

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Met Office WOW site - upgraded but many stations missing

Post by RayProudfoot »

I can now see data for my station but it's over 30 mins old. Mark's station in Wilmslow is still not showing data.

My question on their Facebook page has gone unanswered as has my email apart from the automated response.

I still cannot login to my account. In short, the Met Office have made a complete horlicks of this change and their lack of response to providers questions is appalling.

LATER: I have sent an email to wow@metoffice.gov.uk telling them what I think of the 'upgrade'. I suggest if anyone else feels the same they also vent their feelings.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:I can now see data for my station but it's over 30 mins old. Mark's station in Wilmslow is still not showing data.

My question on their Facebook page has gone unanswered as has my email apart from the automated response.

I still cannot login to my account. In short, the Met Office have made a complete horlicks of this change and their lack of response to providers questions is appalling.

LATER: I have sent an email to wow@metoffice.gov.uk telling them what I think of the 'upgrade'. I suggest if anyone else feels the same they also vent their feelings.
I've done a bit of delving! I use a browser called Slimjet which is based on the Chrome engine. It isn't working on that, nor does it on normal Chrome/Chromium or Canary. It also doesn't work on Firefox. However, I have just tried Edge, and it does login. They still claim that it has been fixed for Chrome (they mention nothing about Firefox)
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

I can now login using Firefox but don't check the option to remain logged in as it will generate an error and not log you in. You probably need to delete 2 cookies for wow.metoffice.co.uk and metoffice.co.uk.

Once you do login there is a second screen where you can Allow or Deny access. There is an option there to remember the setting. Check that and click Allow.

That works for me and although my site is now visible the whole of WOW is very slow and still has many Cumulus stations missing.

In in touch with a nice lady at WOW and have reported my findings. Hopefully they can sort things soon.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:I can now login using Firefox but don't check the option to remain logged in as it will generate an error and not log you in. You probably need to delete 2 cookies for wow.metoffice.co.uk and metoffice.co.uk.

Once you do login there is a second screen where you can Allow or Deny access. There is an option there to remember the setting. Check that and click Allow.

That works for me and although my site is now visible the whole of WOW is very slow and still has many Cumulus stations missing.

In in touch with a nice lady at WOW and have reported my findings. Hopefully they can sort things soon.
I still don't understand how they are getting the data..
Again, WoW is only showing 0.2mm of rain today, when I have recorded 5.4mm. It showed 0.2mm on there the last time i had rain as well. I don't know if this is a Cumulus issue or not. The reason I say that, is because WoW never used to showed rainfall totals if I remember rightly? Only rain rates.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Mapantz wrote:I still don't understand how they are getting the data..
Again, WoW is only showing 0.2mm of rain today, when I have recorded 5.4mm. It showed 0.2mm on there the last time i had rain as well. I don't know if this is a Cumulus issue or not. The reason I say that, is because WoW never used to showed rainfall totals if I remember rightly? Only rain rates.
Mine now shows Rainfall Amount of 0.2mm. In fact, today's rainfall was 0.18" or 4.6mm. Looks like they are assuming everyone is measuring in metric. I'll write to them tomorrow about it.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:
Mapantz wrote:I still don't understand how they are getting the data..
Mine now shows Rainfall Amount of 0.2mm. In fact, today's rainfall was 0.18" or 4.6mm. Looks like they are assuming everyone is measuring in metric. I'll write to them tomorrow about it.
Hopefully we'll get it all sorted! I do like the new look, but i'm just so gobsmacked at the problems they have caused. :lol:
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Mapantz wrote: Hopefully we'll get it all sorted! I do like the new look, but i'm just so gobsmacked at the problems they have caused. :lol:
On a related matter your website shows you had 5.4mm of rain today but your signature banner states No Rain Today. :?
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

looks like its down again
Error 404 - Web app not found.

The web app you have attempted to reach is not available in this Microsoft Azure App Service region. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. The web app owner has registered a custom domain to point to the Microsoft Azure App Service, but has not yet configured Azure to recognize it. Click here to read more.

2. The web app owner has moved the web app to a different region, but the DNS cache is still directing to the old IP Address that was used in the previous region. Click here to read more.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:
Mapantz wrote: Hopefully we'll get it all sorted! I do like the new look, but i'm just so gobsmacked at the problems they have caused. :lol:
On a related matter your website shows you had 5.4mm of rain today but your signature banner states No Rain Today. :?
Just need to refresh this page, Ray. It does it for me too. :D
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

I have been liaising with a very helpful lady at the Met Office and she is happy to answer any questions you have about your data on WOW and the general operation of the new site.

Her email address is maria dot dorothy at metoffice dot gov dot uk

No spaces in the address and disguised to fool spam bots.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

has anyone managed to log into there wow account?

my site is updating but I cannot get into the actual account. Webpages are unavailable.
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Toxic17 wrote:has anyone managed to log into there wow account?

my site is updating but I cannot get into the actual account. Webpages are unavailable.
Yes, just done it now. What message are you getting when you attempt to login?

Also, have you contacted WOW using the email address in my earlier message?
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

I notice Mark Crossley's station is now showing but whilst his is showing MSLP mine isn't. And we have the same kit and although both using different versions of Cumulus I doubt that is the reason.

Anyone else not seeing MSLP? Mean Sea Level Pressure. ;)
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

RayProudfoot wrote:
Toxic17 wrote:has anyone managed to log into there wow account?

Yes, just done it now. What message are you getting when you attempt to login?

Also, have you contacted WOW using the email address in my earlier message?
Capture.PNG
when I click allow or deny it just reverts back to the login page. I'll raise a call with them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Simon

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

I see that screen with Firefox / Windows 7 SP1 and can gain access by choosing Allow. Might be related to your browser software.
Last edited by RayProudfoot on Wed 29 Jun 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.