Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Met Office WOW site - upgraded but many stations missing

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: Met Office WOW site - upgraded but many stations missing

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:And here is the reply from the Project Manager. Needless to say she's not impressed...

Unfortunately we cant roll back now, due to our partners connections working ok.

I did push for a rollback on Day 1 but the decision was to push forward.

I am aware of the issues and is unfortunate the issues you have listed are not working as they did work in the UAT test environment.

The reason for having to change the site was the backend of WOW was failing, so we needed to change the cloud platform and with that the front end as well.

I am just as upset and annoyed as you are that the site isn’t working and I am working closely with the developers to get these resolved as soon as possible.

Anyone else notice Favorite and US date formats? Looks like the UK Met Office have bought US software and not bothered customising it. :cry:
At least we've got their attention now then Ray? I'm sure plenty of others have emailed them, venting their frustrations too. I just hope they get it all resolved soon. I always like to refer to the WoW map during storms, or periods of severe weather, so I can check out rain rates or wind strength - not having this up to date at the moment is a bit crap.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

I think I'm now on the unofficial beta team. I posted all the things that were not working correctly and Maria appreciated that very much.

She's going to let me know when the next beta is live and I'll post here so you and others can test it.

I think she's as frustrated as us with how badly it's gone and as the Project Manager she can at least bang a few heads together.

I am concerned about the site's ability to accept a mixture of metric and imperial data and its American interface with Favorite and mm-dd-yyy format on data. Hopefully it can be tweaked considering it's the UK Met Office's site.

Incidentally Mapantz, your sig banner is still not showing up-to-date info.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote: Incidentally Mapantz, your sig banner is still not showing up-to-date info.
I have no idea what's up with that then? Since changing my caching, it works fine now. As you mentioned yesterday, when clicking to the next page or making a new post, it should update. It wasn't doing that, but now it does.
2016-06-30 (1).png
Edit: Updated after this post was submitted too..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

The latest time I'm seeing is 23:14 on your latest banner but I'm typing this at 23:49. I should be seeing the same time but I'm not.

If you return to this thread but without posting you should see the latest time and date on your banners. That's the proof as to whether it's working or not.

You still have the problem but may I suggest you raise a separate thread so as not to mix things up with WOW.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Mapantz wrote:Since changing my caching, it works fine now.
Working fine for me too, still. It did of course require a forced refresh just once, after you fixed it, as otherwise the browser would have no way of knowing that you had changed it (as it had been previously told not to fetch it again for a week).
Steve
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Yes, working for me too now.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

A member of the WOW development team contacted me today saying they had released a new version of the website.

It does appear to have fixed many problems I reported to them. If anyone who uploads to them would like to try it and report back to the address I provided in an earlier message I'm sure they'll find it helpful.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:A member of the WOW development team contacted me today saying they had released a new version of the website.

It does appear to have fixed many problems I reported to them. If anyone who uploads to them would like to try it and report back to the address I provided in an earlier message I'm sure they'll find it helpful.
It's definitely faster, in fact it is almost instant in loading for me.
I don't quite get the wind units though? Wind speed is in knots, and wind gusts are in km/h :?:

Table data is showing figures to the nearest 13 decimal places.. it looks ridiculous when selecting more than one variable.

Also, I have no pressure showing in tables or graphs, but it does show on the map. It's also showing data to be in 6 minute increments, not the 1 minute ones that they said will be added. I've emailed them myself with this info.

On a side note, I spotted this in my latest diag file:

Code: Select all

2016-07-04 13:25:30.316 WOW Response: 429: The custom error module does not recognize this error.
Wondering if something changed in the API?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Has anyone got the graphs to compare values against another station? I put the station into the search box and it finds the other station but only plots my data when I click the update button.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

mcrossley wrote:Has anyone got the graphs to compare values against another station? I put the station into the search box and it finds the other station but only plots my data when I click the update button.
Same, doesn't work.

Have a look at this as well:
2016-07-07.png
Look at the state of it! I have no idea what they are doing..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Mark, I can't get it to compare my station temp to yours. They did say they would check the list of problems I sent them and report back. Pretty shocking such basic things don't work.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

:groan: and the pressure graphs have the hPa origin at zero, so all the values are essentially plotted in a straight line.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Post all your complaints / praise to this lady... maria.dorothy@metoffice.gov.uk
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Already have Ray, she was in contact with me about my login problems; which they seem to have resolved now.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

mcrossley wrote:Already have Ray, she was in contact with me about my login problems; which they seem to have resolved now.
I've just sent Maria a screenshot of the graph problem. Glad you can now login Mark but is your login remembered? I find I have to login every day as the cookie isn't remembering the details. Probably because it's a https site. Quite why they need that level of security for wx observations is beyond me.

And the second login screen is also unnecessary but they are looking into that.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.