Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Met Office WOW site - upgraded but many stations missing

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Met Office WOW site - upgraded but many stations missing

Post by RayProudfoot »

Thanks John. I don't visit those groups so was unaware of their response.

I suppose all we can do is wait and hope they sort it out. Obviously the test was okay .... assuming they did test beforehand. :roll:
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Paul C
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with solar
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Paul C »

This has been very poor from the met office. I am a Met Office Climate station, just recorded my wettest day of the year and 3rd wettest June day on record, but I cant update them with the usual data at 0900hrs - I get so far on the log in process then a white page of nothing.

I was hoping Cumulus was quietly updating the WOW side of things, but reading here looks like it will have been blocked/banned/ unable to log in

Poor Show Met Office all round :bash:
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

I had no idea they updated it until I saw this thread..
My station is still there, and transmitting data fine. If they were migrating data, it may well have caused some problems.

Looks really good though!

Edit: After scoping it out, I see my data stopped at 9:57am. Also, I had CMX sending data every 1 minute, the table information shows updates every 6 minutes.
duke

Post by duke »

Mine is there, receiving data and showing as current, but it's not current.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

The more I look around, the more I see discrepancies. I see stations that look like they're sending data correctly (even up to date) yet the rainfall is totally wrong. Has anybody had any email response? I haven't.

I noticed that the wrong url is showing for my website on the dashboard, but I cannot find anywhere to change it. I logged in here: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/premium/myservices/
duke

Post by duke »

Mapantz wrote:I logged in here: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/premium/myservices/
Blank page for me after attempting log in.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Gents,

You need to login to the WOW site http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

I managed to login and some success. My site is now showing data although it lacks a name. :roll:

Maybe they're getting there ... Slowly.

LATER: It's now showing my address. Looks like the lights are burning late in Exeter tonight! :lol:
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:Gents,

You need to login to the WOW site http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

I managed to login and some success. My site is now showing data although it lacks a name. :roll:

Maybe they're getting there ... Slowly.

LATER: It's now showing my address. Looks like the lights are burning late in Exeter tonight! :lol:
I can't log in there though, that's the problem. I either get the auth page, which goes blanck if I click allow, or I get an error popup.
That is the reason that on Google, they said to log in via http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/premium/myservices/

I can log in via that URL, but as soon as I go to my station, i'm not logged in. The last data in the table section was at 9:57am, yet the last observation time was at 21:48, and that data is wrong. It is a complete and utter mess!
2016-06-25.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

I was able to login on the url you provided but when the map shows it says I'm not logged in at top-right.

My station has reverted to a blue dot having been yellow earlier. The situation is fluid.

If I then try to login from the map link I now get "An error occurred". :(
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:I was able to login on the url you provided but when the map shows it says I'm not logged in at top-right.

My station has reverted to a blue dot having been yellow earlier. The situation is fluid.

If I then try to login from the map link I now get "An error occurred". :(
I only see one blue dot on the map- out in the North sea. :?

I've just received an email back:
Thank you for your email regarding WOW and I'm sorry that you're having issues with your site. Your reference number for this is REF:****** I have also raised an incident for our IT teams under *******

We welcome constructive comments and are sorry if your message stems from any dissatisfaction with our products or services. In order to best deal with your feedback it will be forwarded to our Customer Feedback Team for review.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

That email sounds like they're completely unaware of the problems.

Under Filters make sure Registered Sites is checked. You should then see your own either with data (yellow) or blank (blue).
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:That email sounds like they're completely unaware of the problems.

Under Filters make sure Registered Sites is checked. You should then see your own either with data (yellow) or blank (blue).
Ah cheers. Mine is showing up as registered. I still don't understand the data it's displaying though, it shows as fairly up to date on the dashboard, but in the table section, the last update was at 6/25/2016 7:10:00 PM

I've had 4.6mm today (which fell way before that time) but it only shows 0.2mm on WoW. It's a complete mess! I don't see the point in sending data there anymore, or wunderground for that matter.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

They're probably still trying to sort out the mess so give them a few days.

As for providing data to Met Office and WU the process is automated in Cumulus so why not continue? There's no effort on our part and with WU it does give you advert-free access.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:They're probably still trying to sort out the mess so give them a few days.

As for providing data to Met Office and WU the process is automated in Cumulus so why not continue? There's no effort on our part and with WU it does give you advert-free access.
Wunderground is always faultering. I've lost count at the number of times it has gone down this year! It's down right now, has been for some time.
I've had issues with getting my webcam on WU, as soon as it starts showing, it stops. I tried to add a new camera, but it never gets approved. This has been going on for over six months, any attempt at communication gets ignored. They're a big waste of time, effort and bandwidth.

While we're here Ray, can I sneak a quick question in?

I see you have the daytime fars kit?! Obviously i'm in the UK as well, would you recommend the daytime one over the 24hr one? The reason being, I made a fan aspirated kit from a PC fan and made my own small stevenson-type screen for my Netatmo temperature module. I have found it to be extremely accurate. However, the Davis (which sits right next to it) always reads about 1°C high on days with 20°C and above, but the Davis tends to record lower temperatures at night, not by much though..
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

I've had an email saying it's all fixed. Well it isn't, nothing has changed, I still cannot log in to the map. The data is over an hour out of date,I cannot view graphs, 1000s of unregistered stations. The Wow site is unusable and should be taken down and fixed. Why did they run the new one alongside the old one to iron out bugs? That's the right thing to do when so many people use a site like that.