Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Hats off to Steve!

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
duke

Hats off to Steve!

Post by duke »

I'm more of a lurker than a contributor these days, too busy with other things. However, I do read most posts and I have to say I really, really admire Steve for answering each and every question and keeping his usual calm and collective self.

A large amount of the questions asked are repetitive, a similar amount arise by not reading the * manual or using the search facility! And yet, still Steve responds. Some are just damn right rude and hostile (IMO) like the one in the MX forum currently.

I also bet that he never receives a penny from most for his dedicated hard work and time.

I read a post recently where Steve said he would not be responding to so many posts now he's in the RV. I don't see this happening since he's been mobile.

For god sake Steve, go and enjoy yourself.

Rant over.....
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Hats off to Steve!

Post by beteljuice »

Steve has always been helpful and in the most part tolerent :clap: I have been very surprised that he developed 'mx' which as you say has not in thre most part been 'rewarded'.

Too many people either want something for nothing or want you to design their custom site for them :bash:
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
tjaliwalpa
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Linux Lite Ubuntu 16.04

Post by tjaliwalpa »

Steve should be congratulated, and rewarded, for all his work developing Cumulus over the years. I for one used Cumulus 1 for a number of years until my equipment fell over and died in the middle of a busy time in my life. Les. Than a month ago I decided to repair the hardware and give CMX a go. It meant jumping in at the deep end with Ubuntu Debian 16.04. Despite never using a Linux operating system before I managed to get the show up and running thanks to the detailed instructions and postings Steve and those who are testing CMX have contributed to. There's a few things I have yet to figure out with Linux, but I'm happy with my progress to date.

http://members.aussiebroadband.com.au/muster/index.htm
Bob
scanman
Weather Station: Davis VP2

Post by scanman »

I have to say, I agree with all of the above. I am not well-versed in computer coding, and much of the technical stuff is gobbledygook to me. That said, Steve has produced excellent software over the years and (alongside other members of this forum) fantastic levels of support to peeps like me who are technical nit-wits. So, thank you Steve - my hat is truly off! :D
Grimers
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

Post by Grimers »

Like many others have said, I also admire Steve for the hard work (that's an understatement) he has put in over the years, it baffles me at how he's managed to continue to do this even with his job and other life commitents, just doing this on it's own would be quite a hard job let alone doing this along side other things! Because of this, I have donated and I am surprised that Steve didn't make this obligatory in the MX release. Like duke said, go and enjoy yourself Steve, you really deserve it!
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

duke wrote:I read a post recently where Steve said he would not be responding to so many posts now he's in the RV. I don't see this happening since he's been mobile.

For god sake Steve, go and enjoy yourself.
You know, you are absolutely right. I shall be taking a 'back seat' in this forum from now on.
Steve
duke

Post by duke »

I'm glad to hear it, go enjoy yourself.
ronwright418
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Post by ronwright418 »

Hats off to Steve ... and a donation. I'm sure we'll still get better support for Cumulus than we do for some paid software.
Thanks Steve. :D
Ron Wright (ronwright418)