Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis Vantage Pro2 Aerocone

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Davis Vantage Pro2 Aerocone

Post by ConligWX »

Hi Guys

Anyone see the new Davis Aerocone rainbucket?
aerocone.JPG
Take from weatherspares site...
New 2017 Davis AeroCone Rain Bucket with Anti-bird spikes and locking debris screen.
Available now - this greatly improved Rain Bucket confirmed as suitable for the Davis Weather Wizard, Weather Monitor, Vantage Pro and Pro2 range of weather stations.

Introducing the new Davis 6461 AeroCone a new and and improved version the Davis 7345.527. The AeroCone rain collector cone reduces wind-induced errors by providing a more aerodynamic path around the collector. Its contours are designed to streamline the airflow and reduce flow distortions. The design improves rain data accuracy in high wind situations where the horizontal wind velocity can cause under reporting.

The enhanced design features don’t stop with the outer shape: the inside of the rain collector is equally well designed, keeping intact the carefully engineered interior walls that reduce splash out during high rain conditions. The new debris screen locks into place, ensuring that it remains in place during high winds and heavy rainfall events.

The AeroCone is backward compatible with all Vantage Pro2 sensor suites as well as stand-alone rain collectors.

Replacement rain collector cone for all Vantage Pro or Vantage Pro2 rain collectors.

The AeroCone Features include:The AeroCone is 100% compatible with all pro2 units regardless of age or configuration which specifically includes
:
Sensor Suites:Stand alone Rain Buckets:
Symmetrically placed bird spike ports
Davis Instruments Logo
Grip Grooves
Bird Spikes (Davis 7345.530)
Debris screen (Davis 7342.283)
http://www.davisnet.com/product/aerocon ... tage-pro2/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: Davis Vantage Pro2 Aerocone

Post by Mapantz »

I've been waiting a few weeks for this to be available. It's now available, so I ordered one from eBay yesterday, as I suffer with dodgy rainfall readings during windy weather.
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Mapantz wrote:I've been waiting a few weeks for this to be available. It's now available, so I ordered one from eBay yesterday, as I suffer with dodgy rainfall readings during windy weather.
Yep, I grabbed on from weatherspares today.
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Arrived and installed. Much better! :D
P2210098.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

Mine is on the way. Looks like I'll likely have to redo the solar/uv sensors and move to the front as my current config without the birdspikes has them at the back. I'm guessing the spikes will cause 'spikes' (haha) in the data as the sun traverses across the sky.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

BigOkie wrote:Mine is on the way. Looks like I'll likely have to redo the solar/uv sensors and move to the front as my current config without the birdspikes has them at the back. I'm guessing the spikes will cause 'spikes' (haha) in the data as the sun traverses across the sky.
Yeah - There is a leaflet that comes with it, mentioning about the solar/UV sensors. I only have the solar sensor, but I moved mine a few weeks ago. I bought an extension cable, and situated it further up the garden, and in a more open spot. I'm getting longer and better data now. :)
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Davis need to make a mast bracket for the UV/Solar sensors to be mounted near the Anemometer especially if its on a mast rather than next to the main ISS
Regards Simon

ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

BigOkie wrote:Mine is on the way. Looks like I'll likely have to redo the solar/uv sensors and move to the front as my current config without the birdspikes has them at the back. I'm guessing the spikes will cause 'spikes' (haha) in the data as the sun traverses across the sky.
Just seen this, it's a weatherstem unit (Davis really) sensors at front of unit
Screenshot_20170221-192848~2.png
Regards Simon

Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

I made a mention of it a month back over here, http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31267.0

Quite a bit of discussion in that thread.

Phil.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

The new Davis aerocone rain bucket is doing its job. It's gusting to 40mph at the moment, with drizzle, and it is recording it ok. It would have struggled on the old bucket in these conditions. :clap: