IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Awekas Response: OK: Benutzer/Passwort Fehler

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
ronwright418
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Awekas Response: OK: Benutzer/Passwort Fehler

Postby ronwright418 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:07 pm

I got a message from AWEKAS last Thursday saying they had not gotten any data for a number of hours. Checking my MX diags I saw the line '2017-04-23 13:10:00.838 Awekas Response: OK: Benutzer/Passwort Fehler' and homed in on the OK. I replied to AWEKAS that my diags said it was OK and Othmar replied that in showed there was a password failure (learned two new German words). I retyped the password using Settings from my PC and it worked for about 3 and a half hours. I tried many variations of password changes over the next couple of days using Settings, Filezilla and Putty (including using the AWEKAS generated uber secure password) with no success. I also rebooted my PI2 with MX 3038 each time. I eventually updated to MX 3043 (should have done that some time ago anyway). I relayed this information to Othmar, who suggested checking my user name (Benutzer translates to User name). It looked good in Settings but I retyped it anyway. It has now been working since yesterday afternoon. This still leaves me with some questions: Why/how did the AWEKAS password and user name get corrupted since I had made no changes (really) for months? Why did it affect only the AWEKAS password and user name and none of the other systems I report to and apparently none of the other AWEKAS data?
Using a fairly recent version of Debian, but need help to determine What release, etc.

Although this is working now, I would appreciate any ideas, and hopefully they would be helpful to others with a similar situation.
Ron
Ron Wright (ronwright418)

Return to “General”