Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

The End of Weather Display nears

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

The End of Weather Display nears

Post by ConligWX »

Juts reading this on another forum:
From Brian the developer of Weather Display:

in the past weather-display.com used to get a lot web traffic from wunderground.com
but not now after they re did their personal weather station web site
see if you can find the link to about what software is now available

https://www.wunderground.com/weathersta ... erview.asp

(it is very hidden)

I do pay a monthly API fee to wunderground and was the first person to send them data way back in November 2000

so now WD sales have just about dried up, which spells the end

http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index. ... 553.0.html
Sad day if it is....

SRC: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=32724.0
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: The End of Weather Display nears

Post by beteljuice »

Sad Indeed - especially given the current demeanor of most weather SW creators at the moment.

All of them have given considerable amounts of time, effort and their own money to ensure what they are giving will work with the latest kit and software(s).

In all these cases they have also welcomed informed opinion, creative 'tweaks', presentation ideas, etc. etc.

To see all that creativity lost to those who after all sell you the stuff in the first place, in alliance with someone who presents YOUR data for their own ends ....

... I'd rather look out of a window or get wet than ask my mobile !!!

... but then again I'm an old codester / masher who enjoyed the challenge when I created or improved something, or even just suggested a new approach where others may have taken up the torch.
Last edited by beteljuice on Sun 27 Aug 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
weatherist34
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: OSX High Sierra

Re: The End of Weather Display nears

Post by weatherist34 »

beteljuice wrote:Sad Indeed - especially given the current demeanor of most weather SW creators at the moment.

All of them have given considerable amounts of time, effort and their own money to ensure what they are giving will work with the latest kit and software(s).

In all these cases they have also welcomed informed opinion, creative 'teaks', presentation ideas, etc. etc.

To see all that creativity lost to those who after all sell you the stuff in the first place, in alliance with someone who presents YOUR data for their own ends ....

... I'd rather look out of a window or get wet than ask my mobile !!!

... but then again I'm an old codester / masher who enjoyed the challenge when I created or improved something, or even just suggested a new approach where others may have taken up the torch.
Exactly the challenge and accomplishment, throw money into the equation then the only challenge is the need for money to keep it going..

Love to help the guy but not financially but if it's all about money then he needs to plan ahead and adapt to maintain any reliable source of income.its just the nature of the business and the rate technology is moving at its incredibly difficult to keep up without any backing or investment or reliable regular income. However his software works as it should but the method calling for donations is not a long term reward or a reliable method of income in 3 or 4 months your back in the same scenario and perhaps some will say to themselves I've already paid 60$ just to install it and use it ..

The guy has an opportunity right now if the enthusiasm is there to develop a newer version with an updated GUI he could quite easily capitalize on existing user base and offer a lower cost upgrade path but in saying all this shouldn't take anything away from what he has done in his past offerings it has obviously been of much benefit to 100s or more of enthusiasts for many years from what I can see.. the other damning factor is fatigue and enthusiasm .. let's hope he carries on it would be a great shame to lose the knowledge..

As for looking out the window your right and I still give my old 1935 antique barometer a tap every other day :-)..money the root of all evil and outcomes..brian