Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

The time was right

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
foresight
Weather Station: LaCrosse 2310
Operating System: Win 7 / Linux

The time was right

Post by foresight »

My faithful old LaCross 2310 failed about 8 months ago and I contemplated what to do. I have had trouble with Cumulus periodically freezing up after the latest 1.9.4 update and spent over a year trying to correct it without success. I was very looking forward to Cumulus MX so I could run it on a pi and maybe eliminate some of the issues I was having, but forward movement was lacking.

With Steve retiring and deciding to travel, I decided that after 8 or so years of using Cumulus it may be reaching it's end of life and with a change in weather stations, it was time to not look specifically for a W/S that Cumulus supported. So, I stepped to the dark-side and bought an AcuRite at a really good sale price. AcuRite didn't support a web page like Cumulus did, so I had to go find other software to do that. I found some really good software that is donation supported and has great tech support. During the transition, I disabled my Cumulus just in case I didn't like the alternatives.

The time came over the weekend and I unloaded the Cumulus software. Good-bye old friend.

I will stay a member of the group as Cumulus has been great. I hope some of you get Steve to let you pick up and continue the MX development and update it as he enjoys a well deserved retirement.

Steve, thanks for the support over the years. Enjoy your retirement!
racerfern
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-1080
Operating System: Win 10 Home 64bit

Re: The time was right

Post by racerfern »

I too am considering a new Acurite weather station. Which software did you settle on?
foresight
Weather Station: LaCrosse 2310
Operating System: Win 7 / Linux

Post by foresight »

I settled on meteotemplate. The learning curve was a little steep for a short while but the author of the program is great with support. I did find out that most of my issue was my web hosting company but I got great direction on how to handle it with them. I highly recommend the program.

I still miss my simple cumulus but I didn't realize until today that it has been over 2 years since I changed. Probably because after the initial set up, things have run without any problems.

Good luck on your choice!
WilsonM
Weather Station: unsure
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by WilsonM »

Is Meteotemplate free, Foresight? Great to hear that they're good with support, that's what I'm looking for as a beginner if I decide to go with it.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Meteotemplate is now shown as donationware. Details are provided in the Meteotemplate Wiki http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/wiki/wiki1GB.php

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm