Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

The maplin wireless wether station radio link fault

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Ljdavek3
Weather Station: Maplin wireless weather station
Operating System: Windows7

The maplin wireless wether station radio link fault

Post by Ljdavek3 »

Hi all hope you can help I have a problem with mine it used to work ok but then the outside transmitter started becoming intermittent and and now hardly works replace the LED as old one had rusted away and is still blips the light like it used to and the recover sometimes picks up the signal but after a few hours it stops and the outside readings go blank this is where I need help!! I have tryed both new transmissiters from maplins and non of them seam to connect with the indoor receiver.... could anyone help??

Ps Iv tryed it again and it worked ok for about 2 days befor it stoped again and about 4 hours later it worked again for a bit!??!

Thanks
Dave..
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: The maplin wireless wether station radio link fault

Post by AllyCat »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry we didn't respond yo your previous post but there really isn't much to add to the answers there or elsewhere on the forum.

But to summarise; you must power-down the Console (remove and replace the batteries and USB cable) to resynchronise the transmitter after replacement or battery-change. The red LED on the transmitter only indicates that the microcontroller is "working", not that the RF transmitter is operating correctly (or at all).

How old is your station? About 5 years ago the manufacturers changed the Wireless Protocol, so "later" transmitters will not work with "earlier" Consoles (or vice versa). But Maplin did not change their item numbers. Also, the two Maplin transmitter versions (with and without Wind Vane at £15 / £10 respectively) are NOT compatible.

If the transmitter is "losing sync" after some hours, the there's the possibility that changing the 32 kHz crystal (tubular metal can) will help, but that's only a long shot. Otherwise you can only open up the transmitter box and "clean it up".

Cheers, Alan.
Ljdavek3
Weather Station: Maplin wireless weather station
Operating System: Windows7

Re: The maplin wireless wether station radio link fault

Post by Ljdavek3 »

Oh thanks that's helpful is there at all a circuit diagram for it at all? Or any idea of any component parts e.g. The passive ones as some of the SM caps have a bit of corrosion on them. The unit was brought in about 2011... From past experiences changing the clock crystals might fix it as done that in other circuits!! do you know if it would be worth changing the others?

So ok if I get this fixed is there other software you can use with the consul?

Thanks

Dave..