Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Finally moved to a decent station.

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
mspec
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2 cabled.
Operating System: Windows 10

Finally moved to a decent station.

Post by mspec »

Over the past 8 years I have had 3 different pws's the first being a fine offset WH8010 which lasted around four years and for me at the time did the trick. A few wireless drop outs here and there it did not bother me to much.

The next station was a fine offset WH3081 with the solar and radiation sensor, Man what a piece of shit right from the word go of wireless drop outs and it freezing because of the solar sensor it really was a joke. Has this for a couple of years before it went in the bin.

Next try was an Acurite 5 n 1 sensor suite which while worked ok you could not use cumulus with it. It used to drop out of wireless at least once a day which also pissed me off.

So last week i decided enough is enough and purchased a brand new cabled Davis Vantage pro 2 with weather link usb kit and uv sensor and sensor shelf.

Downloaded MX (used it a few years ago on the fine offset stations), installed the virtual serial to usb drive and had cumulus connected and reporting in around 10 minutes.

No more drop outs and reporting everything 3 seconds, love it to bits, would love to have got one years ago but only been in a finical postion to do this lately.

What the hell is up with the price of the uv sensor though at $755 NZD that is getting up there.

Only other thing I need to get now is the solar radiation sensor.

Glad to be back into the cumulus fold :D
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Finally moved to a decent station.

Post by mcrossley »

Well done, yes the solar and UV sensors are a bit pricey to say the least. I made my own, not quite up to the Davis standards and calibration is a bit finger in the air and compare against expected values, but for about £25 for both solar and UV I'm happy enough!
mspec
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2 cabled.
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Finally moved to a decent station.

Post by mspec »

Well done for making your own. Since I have already purchased the UV sensor the radiation sensor is only half the price so am going to just suck it up and buy it then I have everything I need. Love the stability so far its refreshing not having to worry about drop out's and resets.