Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis Envoy Barometer

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
wi3x
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Davis Envoy Barometer

Post by wi3x »

Hello all:
I've searched the forum and cannot find an answer.
I installed a station for the Township. Vantage Pro2 Plus. Wireless anemometer. Envoy with USB data logger.
Everything is working great EXCEPT .... the barometer. The pressure reading will be fine for one or two days and then Bam, jumps up by about 60 millibars and stays there. Davis has already replaced the Envoy. No luck.
I've been using this same setup at home for years. An old vantage pro, a new vantage pro2, all with no problems. The only difference is I'm using a serial data logger in the condole, no Envoy.

Here is a picture of the graph
Barometer.jpg
. The pressure drop is when we installed the new Envoy. The sudden rise is well......????????

Township Website is
http://nltwp.wi3x.com/kpapalmy_23/index.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Davis Envoy Barometer

Post by PaulMy »

I know of a Davis user where a new VP2 console had a similar issue. He got a replacement from Davis and that was also the same. He is a HAM operator and had a lot of equipment in the vicinity. Here is some discussion http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action ... ts;u=17368 and I believe all is ok with him now.

Could you have some equipment nearby that may be the cause?

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

wi3x
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Davis Envoy Barometer

Post by wi3x »

PaulMy wrote:I know of a Davis user where a new VP2 console had a similar issue. He got a replacement from Davis and that was also the same. He is a HAM operator and had a lot of equipment in the vicinity. Here is some discussion http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action ... ts;u=17368 and I believe all is ok with him now.

Could you have some equipment nearby that may be the cause?

Enjoy,
Paul
Excellent point Paul. Absolutely there is some high power transmission equipment up there. I'll see about relocating the Envoy.

Thx,
Dane