Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Where's Steve 2.0

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
CloudPopper
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Linux & Windows

Where's Steve 2.0

Post by CloudPopper »

I've been out of the loop and came back to find that lots has been happening.

Sorry for your loss, Steve. It's a very difficult point in everyone's life.

I read that you've gone and bought a house. Château Steve. How exciting!

I'm eager to hear how Steve and Mrs. Steve are doing, what brought about the choice to abandon camper life and re-join the pleb house dwellers, as well as all other things Steve. I hope that all is going well and that you're loving life at your new home base.

Now you've got a place to plant a weather station, or five. Yay!

What does French with a Scottish accent sound like? How will you keep up your Irn-Bru stores? What's the price of smelly cheese in Vienne? These are the important questions, after all.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Where's Steve 2.0

Post by steve »

We've been renting the house for a couple of months, but it actually became ours on Wednesday, so that was a cause for celebration. I'm not sure what made us decide to stop being homeless and buy bricks and mortar again, but it just seemed simpler to have a real, fixed address.

We're in a great location here for travelling around Europe in the motorhome - except that we had to sell the motorhome as it proved impossible to register an American motorhome in France. But we are off tomorrow to a place just outside Paris to have a look at another one that we like the look of, German built and already French registered. Then we can start travelling around again from our new French base.

We do have a Scottish neighbour here, but I haven't heard here speak French yet, so I can't help you with that one - I'm not actually Scottish myself :lol:

We are hoping to set up a new blog soon about our life here, I'll post details here later so that those of you who are interested can keep up with what we're doing. I do hope to have a weather station running before too long.

Steve
CloudPopper
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Linux & Windows

Post by CloudPopper »

I'm not actually Scottish myself :lol:
An expat on Sanday? But... What...? How...? Why...? Steve gets more intriguing every minute.

I look forward to posts from Château Steve. I hope it's all you and the Mrs. dreamed, and more.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

Nice to hear you have a fixed base again Steve. :) I trust you will be setting up a weather station soon. Would you like some of our sunshine? Haven't seen a cloud for days. For Cheshire that is most unusual!

Take care and my best to Mrs Steve. :)
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Thanks, Ray, but we have all the sunshine we can handle, France is having similar weather to the UK. Temperature in the mid thirties here today.
Steve
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

steve wrote:Thanks, Ray, but we have all the sunshine we can handle, France is having similar weather to the UK. Temperature in the mid thirties here today.
After Orkney that must come as quite a contrast. :D
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Turvey
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Win 7

Post by Turvey »

RayProudfoot wrote:
steve wrote:Thanks, Ray, but we have all the sunshine we can handle, France is having similar weather to the UK. Temperature in the mid thirties here today.
After Orkney that must come as quite a contrast. :D

Orkney's been pretty good recently as well :D
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Turvey wrote: Orkney's been pretty good recently as well :D
Indeed it has but the temperature will be somewhat lower. Then again, at this time of year you can read a book outdoors at 11pm. :D
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.