Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Meteobridge_NANO

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Meteobridge_NANO

Post by ConligWX »

Anyone else seen the new Meteobridge page?

http://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.p ... ridge_NANO

looks quite promising.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Meteobridge_NANO

Post by mcrossley »

Yes, I saw that a bit back, looks like another good WiFi option. Shame Davis doesn't keep up with the technology like these innovators.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

mcrossley wrote:Yes, I saw that a bit back, looks like another good WiFi option. Shame Davis doesn't keep up with the technology like these innovators.
Indeed, with the Wifilogger and this new device coming out, things are looking up on the weather station software again. Just wonder what price Meteobridge intend on selling this for?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

mcrossley wrote:YShame Davis doesn't keep up with the technology like these innovators.
I don't disagree, but just by way of comment:

Davis's recent priorities have been (1) EM (which is an important and strongly-selling product but not, I know, very visible to the hobbyist market) and (2) weatherlink.com and I suspect these two projects have been their major R&D focus for the past 3-4 years. Davis are quite a small company by international standards and just don't have the development resource to have several large R&D strands running at the same time hence the lack of development on the Vue/VP2 lines. The lack of any credible competition in the same price range has also - I assume - meant that eg a VP2 replacement has not been an urgent priority.

I really don't have any inside info at all on new Davis products beyond broad generalities, but as speculation, pure and simple, I won't be surprised to see eg a ZigBee-based VP3-type station (maybe with a completely new name, maybe not) on the horizon. January has traditionally been an announcement time for Davis when the new catalogue usually comes out, but whether 2019 or 2020 might be in the frame I wouldn't like to say. If I had to guess, I'd expect the core sensor set to be carried over from the VP2 range, possibly with an improved and redesigned rain gauge. Whether or not Davis might have found a way to make an affordable ultrasonic anemometer is a total unknown - probably unlikely, but who knows? But wireless protocol, power supply etc might be much more like an EM node.

And if I had to speculate on console design, I'd go for an Envoy/console split with built-in logger and WiFi (and probably USB and/or RJ45 too), broadcasting a real-time page that eg tablet or phone could see directly and able to upload to wl.com and potentially elsewhere too. I'd still see a market for the display console for those who prefer a built-in display and this could benefit from the developments in LCD technology since the last design (20 years would that be?).

OK, there's quite a hostage to fortune for you.
Last edited by prodata on Fri 06 Jul 2018 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

Toxic17 wrote:Indeed, with the Wifilogger and this new device coming out, things are looking up on the weather station software again. Just wonder what price Meteobridge intend on selling this for?
Boris does have a target price in mind, but I'd better leave any announcement to him. But yes the latest Nano version seems to be working well.
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk