Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

USB to Serial device -- solution

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Re: USB to Serial device -- solution

Post by gemini06720 »

Paul, it would not be a 'slot' as you have indicated, but what is called as a 'header', a connector directly mounted onto the mainboard (motherboard).

I looked at the ASUSTeK web page for the P8H61-MX - looking at the documentation for the P8H61-MX, it appears that, indeed, Asus has removed the COM header - it also appear that Asus is now making 'bare' mainboard with very limited options for the professional users!
pete_c
Weather Station: Davis Vue-Pro2 - Fine Offset
Operating System: W2003-XPSP3-Linux

Post by pete_c »

Recently purchased a "few" of the following motherboards. These are core duo / quad core motherboards with a design that is a couple of years old now. That said they are built very well and I am using these for low cost servers. One is becoming a new Ubuntu MythTV/XBMC box. They are reasonable in cost to upgrade (CPU and memory) and very well built. Note I do not work for the company. These do include serial ports. There are many new old stock core duo/quad core "legacy" motherboards now that can be purchased for a very reasonable cost these days. These are much less than new I3, I5, or I7 DIY (with CPU and Memory) motherboards. Purchased these at about $40 USD with free shipping. New old stock.

http://www.bcmcom.com/bcm_product_mx965gme.htm
- Pete
Automator
darc
Weather Station: Davis vp2 // Maplins N96GY
Operating System: Win 7 Home / Nokia Lumia Win

Post by darc »

Thanks Laurie for the link I have been playing around for a while now with this type of fitting
ended up fitting a pci card into the pc with this fitting it works out it would have been a lot
cheaper with this lead, will no next time, in fact I will order a couple now anyway using your link.

Cheers Geoff
Weather station Davis Vantage Pro 2 / Maplins Forecaster N96GY http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/29021968.html

Canon camera 1100d Samsung compact
weatherwatcher
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows7

Post by weatherwatcher »

darc wrote:Thanks Laurie for the link I have been playing around for a while now with this type of fitting
ended up fitting a pci card into the pc with this fitting it works out it would have been a lot
cheaper with this lead, will no next time, in fact I will order a couple now anyway using your link.

Cheers Geoff
Been using it now for I don't know how long with no problems. Why they don't leave the backs of computer alone without changing all the port connections I have never been able to figure out.
Glad I found the link to this place as my weather station would have been as much use as a busted sausauge
Paul
Newhall Weather Station
If it has been done once it can be done again.