IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

snow confused

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
andrew
Weather Station: watson

snow confused

Postby andrew » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:52 pm

quick qusetion a couple of weeks ago with a temp of 5c it snowed then saturday morning temp of 0 it rained why is this

jojo82
Weather Station: national géographic 265 NE

Re: snow confused

Postby jojo82 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:58 pm

The temperature must be superior to 850 hPa (1500m) than to you it is what we call the inversion.
If the temperature to 850hPa is positive in then even if the temperature is negative there or you live it can be only of the rain and sometimes icing.
sorry for my english.
I hope that it is understandable
Johann

Return to “General”