Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Watson

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
gw0jcb
Weather Station: watson W8681
Operating System: win 7

Watson

Post by gw0jcb »

Well my Watson display has gone up the creek, I was lucky as we had a leaflet through the door for Clas Ohlson chain of shops.
They have the complete weather station on offer for £49.99 So I just been in to get it, they have a further offer ten per cent off if you spend £50 so I bought a packet of tissues and got the weather station 10 per cent off.this offer is on now amazing deal. i just put battery's in the display and off she went. Very pleased with that deal/ Ceri
g4obk
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Watson

Post by g4obk »

HI Ceri

That is a good price - unbeatable in fact! I have been using the Watson for almost 3 years now but am replacing it at Xmas with a Oregon WMR928. I have a fault in that the rain gauge which isnot transmitting the data so after 3 years use and weather damage I decided to replace it by ask my wife for the WMR928 as my Xmas present. I could have sold you my old Watson panel which is in perfect condx, however for the price you paid no point buying second hand.

Best wishes

Phil G4OBK
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Post by MickinMoulden »

Buy it/Sell it/donate it anyway. Save the planet and all.
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Thanks Ceri for the heads-up, I must admit that I'd never heard of Clas Ohlson, they must be quite new to the UK market? Sadly they only have 12 shops and do not sell via the internet/mail order in the UK. However, there is one of these shops an acceptable travelling distance from my home, in a shopping centre I usually avoid, but I thought they were worth a visit. They did indeed have the Weather stations in stock at £49.99, but I could see no reference to any further discounts. However, ....
g4obk wrote:That is a good price - unbeatable in fact!
well, not quite. Eventually, I noticed a young lady at the entrance of the store handing out discount vouchers from a thick bundle. They were for 10 Pounds off if you spent £50 (or £20 off £100+). Personally, I thought £1.49 a little steep for a pack of tissues and settled on a reel of duct tape for £1.99, to get past the magic £50. So a brand new logging/USB weather station for £39.99. :D

Which makes one wonder what these stations actually cost to manufacture and ship. Presumably Clas Ohlson are trying to get their name known and some "feet through the door" in the UK, but it's rare to actually sell at a loss. Incidentally CO's "normal" price when this promotion ends will be £86.99 which is still significantly less than Maplin's "normal" price, or even many on ebay.

Of course I have not yet installed or even fully tested this station, but a few preliminary observations: The packaging, manual and console all describe it as a WH-1080 with a RCC clock, and this indeed works, although the manual apologetically says "it is not reliable north of Umea (Sweden)" [which has a latitude of 64 degrees N].

The boxes give no indication of the transmitter frequency but the manual specifies 868 MHz, which I'm inclined to believe. The manual is not the regular FO dubious Chinese translation, it's branded Clas Ohlson, translated in Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish and fortunately English. It's not easy to check the operating frequency but in due course I hope to confirm the frequency by trying (and failing) to lock the transmitter or receiver to my current Maplin kit which I'm fairly certain uses 434 MHz.

Cheers, Alan.
metroman

Post by metroman »

Hi,
I am new to the forum. I have just bought the Weather Station kit in Clas Ohlson(£49.99), and if you spend more than £50, you got £10 off. So I bought some batteries, and got the whole lot for £43.98, good deal I think. I presume that this is the WH1080, as it looks very similar to the Maplins weather station for £69.99. Which is the better software to use with this, Easyweather or Cumulus? Thanks
Martin
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

metroman wrote:Which is the better software to use with this, Easyweather or Cumulus?
The best thing to do is try them both and see which you prefer. Other software is also available.
Steve
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Have you seen the number of Fine Offset (aka Watson and others) users on this forum ?

Steve is being VERY modest, If you have the slightest feeling you may want to publish to web or provide data to several International sources - go no further :D
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
6719jason
Weather Station: La-Crosse WS3502
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by 6719jason »

Cumulus is the thinking man's BMW of Weather Station Software! :)

EasyWeather is neither of those things... use it if you wish but... please don't :)
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Bump -

Just a reminder, Clas Ohlson still have it @ £49:99 !
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
metroman

Post by metroman »

Best thing about the Clas Ohlson offer, is that they do have spares for the weather station. Maplins do not have spares instore for their weather stations, but there again you can get them from clas Ohlson.
Martin
AllyCat

Post by AllyCat »

metroman wrote:Maplins do not have spares instore for their weather stations, but there again you can get them from clas Ohlson.
Hi,

Bear in mind that all the previous Maplin stations have used a 434 MHz radio frequency (I don't know about the current batch) but the Clas Ohlson uses 868 MHz, so the Transmitter and Console are not compatible.

But at the current price, if you need to replace either of these two major items, you may as well buy the full kit and have a complete set of spare sensors. :)

Cheers, Alan.
metroman

Post by metroman »

So is the Clas Ohlson one the WH1080 or the WH1081. I have the Clas Ohlson one, and it is the radio controlled clock version, as yet I have not set it up.
Martin
AllyCat

Post by AllyCat »

Hi Martin,

Yes, as marked on the Console and the User Manual it's the WH-1080 which does have the RCC. However, the frequency only appears to be given in the Specification in the Manual.

Cheers, Alan.
metroman

Post by metroman »

Thanks Alan,
So what is the main difference between the 1080 and the 1081?
Martin
AllyCat

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

AFAIK only the RCC. Both are available with either radio frequency (and 915 MHz for North America, etc.) depending on the supplier and Country, but it can be hard to find out the actual frequency.

Otherwise only cosmetic (badge) differences, and IMHO the Clas Ohlson manual is rather better than the normal Chinese-sourced offering.

Cheers, Alan.