Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

BT Free web space

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Rayle
Weather Station: Easyweather N96GY
Operating System: Windows 7,Vista,Ipad2/Iphone5

BT Free web space

Post by Rayle »

Not sure how many, but I know there are some Cumulus users of the BT free web space.
Time to look elsewhere at BT will be closing it down over the next few months.
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39105/ give the details. :shock:
TNETWeather

Re: BT Free web space

Post by TNETWeather »

Never paid much attention to free web hosting...

For Around $10 a year (+ the cost of your domain name), you can have a popular weather station hosting company like E-Rice.net.

Provides PHP, MySQL, Email and more. about the only thing they don't provide is cron scheduling...

Designed for family website hosting, a lot of weather station sites use them and have for years.

I've even got a site there which I use for testing from time to time.

Standard 1 : $10/yr - 100MB - 3GB/mo transfer - 10 Emails - 1 DB
Standard 2 : $20/yr - 200MB - 6GB/mo transfer - 20 Emails - 2 DB
Standard 3 : $30/yr - 300MB - 9GB/mo transfer - 30 Emails - 3 DB

Provides support for:
o Apache 2.2 Web Server
o PHP 5.2 + MySQL 5.1
o PhpMyAdmin 3.3.x
o Secure FTP w/ SSL
o Central Mail Service
o POP3 & IMAP & SMTP w/ SSL
o Catch-all & Email Forwarding
o Virus Scan & Spam Filtering
o SquirrelMail & RoundCube Webmail

http://e-rice.net/

Disclaimer: Other than being a user of their service and knowing 20+ weather stations using them... I have no other connection with this company.
scoobs
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Windows server

Post by scoobs »

Or see this Thread just buy your domain or if you dont no how to or how to change settings i can do it for you a .co.uk is around £7 for 2 years
avoorpool
Weather Station: WMR200A
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Post by avoorpool »

I started with Cumulus just 6 weeks ago (after a switch from Weather Display) and choose a free host to see how things would unfold with a web page (have 0.0 experience in html or .php :D )
However in the mean time, I'm getting into it :o .
Unfortunately my webhost (000webhost.com) does not support all I would like to see (= need) for a further expansion in my website. Most important is the lack of Realtime.txt file support. Can't do anthing with Realtime!!!!
Now looking into switching to iPage. They have attractive offers for CAD$3,95 / month, incl (new) domain name and lot's of extras!!
Does anyone have experience with this webhost???

Thanks
Arthur
Visit: http://www.altonaweather.host22.com (also to give me some nice flags on my visitor counter I installed 4 days ago.. :D :D )
fadiaz
Weather Station: Ambient Weather 2902
Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bits)

Post by fadiaz »

avoorpool,

Forget about the 000webhost.com. I used that free host before. To make the realtime.txt to work you need to modify the .htaccess. But still I think they consider constant uploading a TOS violation, because they cancelled all my accounts without notification (normal in free hosts when they have a problem or situation) and never answered to any of my inquires. They just said that I did made a TOS violation (but never specified which one). :evil: :bash:

I have no experience with iPage, but rigth now I am with FreeHostingCloud. (www.freehostingcloud.com). I would suggest you give a look to it also. I do have been pleased so far with them (as a free host). Good to make tests and use until one can get a paid host. :)
avoorpool

Post by avoorpool »

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply.
I envy the temperatures your site displays :D , however Toronto is looking good for the end of the week (humidex +40C).....
I'll have a look at the site you suggested before spending money on a paid-for webhost.
Your Realtime is doing well?
In 000webhost.com I also can't implement my NOAA files into my Weather Blues template, since they don't support the .txt files. Now using the .php upload which is OK as a pop-up page, however prefer to have this also in the site pages.

Thanks,

Arthur
fadiaz

Post by fadiaz »

Hi again Arthur,

Yes I love also tropical weather... :clap:

About the Realtime.txt, yes it is working fine in FreeHostingCloud. At beggining of the year we did had a problem with any kind of ftp upload because server disks were full, but problem seem to have been resolved now. So far months of fine work without any problem with the ftp.

When I was in 000Webhost, I managed to upload and process text files, but i did had to add some code to the .htaccess file. Still, something of what I did was considered by the 000Webhost as a violation to the TOS (Term Of Service) and they cancelled all my website accounts, and never explained what I had done in violation to the TOS.

So far my setup right now is the same as the one I have now in FreeHostingCloud and I have had no problem with the website content. If you want to look what I have:
cumulus: http://np3od.freehostingclould.com/cumulus/
wxtoimg: http://np3od.freehostingcloud.com/wxtoimg/

Well, hear from you soon,

Francisco
avoorpool

Post by avoorpool »

Hi Francisco,

Certainly looks good to me!!
To get rid of 000webhost.com is a "no brainer" to me :D
My only concern is the long address you have to add (in case you want a free webhost).
I'm looking into a .ca domain, and since I feel a bit more comfortable with editing my website, I might get a paid for webhost since many of them offer very good deals (in the order of CAD$3,50 / month for a 12 or 24 month pre-paid offer!!). Not bad.
Keep you informed,

Cheers,

Arthur
fadiaz

Post by fadiaz »

Hi again Arthur,

Actually, with a little knowledge of web hosting and configuration, either in 000webhost and/or in FreeHostingCloud.com you could also have a normal domain. When I had the 000Webhost, I had the np3od.tk domain (free domain). Unfortunately when 000webhost cancelled my account, since requirement to have a free .tk (dot tk) host name is to have an active website, I also lost the np3od.tk domain name and someone then registered it. :cry: :evil:

But you could have your own domain name (free or paid) and have a shorter name than the long name you have to normally open with a free host account. :)

Well see you soon around...

Francisco