Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Startup problem

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Startup problem

Post by steve »

It seems a number of you are having the same problem at startup. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it at the moment (I can't even look to see what the problem is, let alone fix it), so please bear with me.

I don't need any more reports of the problem, so if you are getting a crash at startup with a Fine Offset station, have a look inside the bug report, and see if it says 'floating point division by zero' at about line 25, and something like:

Code: Select all

0069e542 +a06 cumulus.exe EasyweatherUSBUnit   328 +151 TEWUSBForm.ProcessHistoryData
a few lines further down. If it's like this, please don't bother reporting it and I'll look into it as soon as I can.
Steve
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: Startup problem

Post by Super-T »

Following the Startup problems there is also a problem with the rain data. Probably related. Cumulus crashes with the divide by 0 error at the time that it tries to communicate with the 1081 Desktop display. I've given up trying to correct the data for now but apparently there was a cloudburst last night :-)
I'm just rambling on with any info that I notice that may help. Maybe I will just leave the computer on 24/7 until a solution is found.
Good luck with the computer rebuild.
Terry
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I was sitting on the ferry this afternoon coming back from doing the shopping, and I suddenly realised what this problem is - it's in the code I changed which calculates the rain rate, so yes, you're right.

I changed the code so it takes the rainfall in each logger entry and divides by the 'interval' in the logger entry. The trouble is that the latest (i.e. current) logger entry can have an interval of zero if it's only just started being written to.

So at least I know how to fix it when I am able.
Steve
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Post by Super-T »

Amazing what Retail Therapy and a relaxing boat trip will do ;-)