Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upload Problems With Cumulus

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
glen.day
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/Vue
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Upload Problems With Cumulus

Post by glen.day »

Steve,

I'm having a problem every morning at 6:25am - for some unknown reason Cumulus can't connect to the internet and upload weather stats to my website at and after this time in the morning until I close the application and re-open it. Now this could be my ISP resetting some services which would explain the disconnection at 6:25am, but it seems that if Cumulus fails once at connecting to the internet to upload it grays out the "Web Update" on the File menu and reports a "Connection timed out" for every time it tries to send data to my web site in the error log until the Cumulus application is restarted - after restarted it works fine.

Can you help.

Thanks
Glen
glen.day

Re: Upload Problems With Cumulus

Post by glen.day »

Thanks Steve - tested and working now.

Glen
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

That's good - the build I pointed you at was one I did for Kevin to try before my PC died, he was having a similar problem. If anyone else has a similar problem let me know and you can try this version.
Steve
Bob
Weather Station: Watson W-8681

Post by Bob »

Probably a download problem really....today at 8am ish Cumulus stopped taking data from the unit....noti ed at 1:30pm...so lots of straight lines on graphs. only a reboot would start it all again but data was lost, after downloading data from unit at start (apparently) graphs have a 4 or 5 hour straight line

Bob
Bob

TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

I've not had any upload problems since the newer version. Been working good.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Bob wrote:Probably a download problem really....today at 8am ish Cumulus stopped taking data from the unit....noti ed at 1:30pm...so lots of straight lines on graphs. only a reboot would start it all again but data was lost, after downloading data from unit at start (apparently) graphs have a 4 or 5 hour straight line

Bob
Unfortunately Cumulus won't have realised that the data wasn't being updated so would have been happily logging the same value to the log files. When you restart, it thinks it already has the data so doesn't try to get it from the station. You could stop Cumulus, edit Oct08log.txt to remove the bad lines, and edit today.ini to change the timestamp tio the appropriate time that you want to go back to, then start Cumulus and it should download the correct data from the logger.

I can't explain why it stopped updating the data in the first place, I'm afraid. It may have been a problem in Cumulus, or the station.
Steve
glen.day

Post by glen.day »

Oh no Steve - it happened again this morning at the same time 6:25am. :(

I'm going to see how it goes tomorrow morning and let you know how it goes.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Glen,

Probably best to turn on ftp logging and then send me the ftplog.txt file when it happens again.
Steve