Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Display

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
foxy1305
Weather Station: Fine offset
Operating System: Windows 7

Display

Post by foxy1305 »

Just realised my display is not reading correctly. Indoor temp and humidity fine, and pressure also but eveything else is showing three horizontal lines? Does this mean a new outside battery is required or is it something more sinister?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Display

Post by water01 »

Could be anything from new batteries to a console reset or a restart of Cumulus having copied last nights backup in place as Cumulus may have lost contact with the console.
David
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Dashes on the station's console wouldn't be caused by Cumulus losing contact with the console, it's entirely an issue between the console and the transmitter.
Steve
foxy1305

Post by foxy1305 »

Update. I've changed batteries and still the same. The little transmitting icon regularly flashes as before so it's transmitting, but I still have just dashes
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Having replaced the transmitter batteries, have you tried resetting the console?
Steve
foxy1305

Post by foxy1305 »

Can't see how to reset. There is a small hole in the back panel but no 'hidden switch' inside. Ok so removed batteries and got it to reboot that way. I have numbers. Will check back later to see if things are ok
foxy1305

Post by foxy1305 »

All external read outs gone again!!
Ned
Weather Station: WS2083 (aspirated)
Operating System: Win 10

Post by Ned »

I had the same issue on my 5 year F.O. only two days ago. Resetting both transmitter and console (batteries were still good) and going through the new installation procedure did not fix the transmission failure. It seemed to me that the pulse duration of the transmitter LED was longer than the usual quick flash - maybe an indication of fault?

With nothing to lose I cut open the transmitter case and removed the circuit board. At first glance it appeared to be in excellent condition (no corrosion) but under magnification there was quite a bit of dust in places, which I suppose if damp could cause leakage between close spaced legs on chips. After spraying with contact cleaner and a wipe down, the reassembled unit established contact with the console on first attempt and has behaved itself since.
foxy1305

Post by foxy1305 »

Transmitter taken down and connections cleaned. Now seems to be fully operational