Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Newbie, webpage graphics

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Frank57
Weather Station: Fine-Offset
Operating System: Vista

Newbie, webpage graphics

Post by Frank57 »

Hi Everyone, Been a long time user of WD and giving up on it now. Getting to like Cumulus more and more I run and look at it. I had a nice display on my homepage as part of my weather and research page and would like to get this software running and inputting data to it. Right now I have that YoWeather thingy in its place. I'm still learning here on using Cumulus and I didn't see a search function here, so one question to you all fine users out there, is there a way to just send a screen shot of the display I currently have on my pc of it running? basically a snapshot? I see alot about templates, etc and still reading up on this stuff, and I was just sending a screenshot of my previous software "WD" but I don't see it here. Yes, to me that's the easy way out to just do a screenshot as I'm not really good at scripts and things, but I am trying. If not, I wish that was a feature in Cumulus? Well, back to reading and any help would be appreciated. Oh, my main webpage is all html, haven't really learned php yet as I see a lot of users are now. Thank you ;)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Newbie, webpage graphics

Post by steve »

There's no way of doing that automatically using Cumulus. The standard web site is very easy to set up, does that not appeal? I guess if you just want something to add to an existing page, that's not really a solution.
Steve
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

And the standard Web pages are all HTML no PHP involved.
David
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Frank,
Would Mark's CRTDG program suit your needs for now? https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... ilit=CRTDG

Quite easy to install on your PC and uses the Cumulus realtime.txt for data source.

It can also provide uploads to your website http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/gr ... rindex.htm.

There are several template sets, including the Cumulus standard template as Steve mentioned that are relative easy to install. I have links to four of them on my Cumulus modified site www.komokaweather.com

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Frank57

Post by Frank57 »

Hi Dave, Paul and Steve, Steve, I got your reply back on the ain't happening on the screenshot, didn't know if it was an easy thing or not to add so I took a shot at it. I'm so use to just having the screenshot of the program interface and having that uploaded with all the other data. I guess I had it too easy over the years using something simple. Dave and Paul, I have been looking at templates, etc, guess I have to get back into doing some digging again and learn how to do it. I will check on it more and do some work with it. Thanks Guys, :)

Added,"Weather for You" has some nice templates, gotta remember how to do this stuff again. I like gauges on my site. Got some reading too do.
Frank57

Post by Frank57 »

Hi Paul, that Saratoga template looks nice, and that's the type I was using for my WD program I was using. The one you show using the Saratoga one is when I like and I also noticed that when you click on the [live data], the is an image of the Cumulus display just like the one on my screen now that I was talking about when I posted about a screen shot of it and if that was an option I could do. But I see there are a few more items listed along the top of it so that's not a screen shot but assume that it's an interface perhaps located on the server side? Oh, while I'm on here, what file is needed to upload via ftp to Wunderground for my station? when my PC went down and I decided to use Cumulus instead of WS to lessen the load on the CPU, I lost all the info on that PC. I was uploading to WU but not sure when file Cumulus needs to send up for my station to come back online there. Thanks Guys ! Getting there slowly. It's so nice to see my PC breathing nicely running Cumulus now. Frank ;)
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Cumulus WU settings has an option to Catch Up data upload to WU for the period that Cumulus was shut down. Obviously it couldn't do that for any time prior to Cumulus actually being installed and running. If I recall correctly there has been mention here on the forum of a script or methods to send past data to WU.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Frank57

Post by Frank57 »

Hi Paul, ya, this is a new, fresh, first time use of Cumulus. I have the Weather Underground checked off, so will is be sending that site the info/data is needs from within the program to restart my station online and go active again? or, is there something I should have done as well, ex: files to send, etc? I have the station and PW set for it. Not so much worried about past data, just want to restart data to there again and get back online. Been down for a month. :? Thanks for the help!
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

If you've ticked 'enable' and supplied your station ID and password, it should be uploading to WU. You shouldn't need to restart Cumulus to get it working, but if it's not uploading, a restart is worth trying. If the data isn't appearing at WU, then if you turn on debug logging in Cumulus, the uploads and the responses from WU will appear in the debug.log file in the Cumulus folder, as long as you don't have 'rapid fire' selected - best to turn that off if you do, at least until you get it working.
Steve
Frank57

Post by Frank57 »

Hey Steve, I'm finally online again with WU, it was the password. I had a old one set in WU and guess I changed it at some point. I tried to get help from them using a few ways in doing it but nothing back from them, unusual for them, 3 days and no response. So I logged out and clear my pw and tried to get back in, ah, password failed. Took a guess and got in but was not the one I used for Cumulus, changed it there and now back online, now to get some work done on getting data back to my weather webpage. Thanks Steve, for this I just wanted to make sure all I had to do for WU was just enable it and off it went, and it did. :)
Oh, on the debug part, I did do that as well and that's where I found it stating wrong PW after reading your reply back about checking the log and it confirmed what I was thinking and went can checked that after I got back online. Thanks.