Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error Light

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Iang
Weather Station: Datatech Solar
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

Error Light

Post by Iang »

I have a Datatech weater Station that has been working for a Couple of years but just recently it is trying to tell me something is wrong.

The error light is flashing wit this info:
Lost sensor contact Data 1A 3C DG OO FF FF FF FF B7 27 FF FF FF 80

I replaced the Battreies in Remote Section and Blocke off The solar panel as I have relced the Rechargeble batteries with normal A cells.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Error Light

Post by water01 »

In order to reset the console you have to remove the batteries AND disconnect it from the USB cable otherwise that maintains the current and it doesn't reset properly.
David
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

With the non-touchscreen Consoles, after changing the Transmitter batteries (or for any long-term "Loss of Contact"), you can (should) hold in the <Down Arrow> button for at least 8 seconds to resynchronise the station. The Solar and External (temp/humidity/wind/rain) Data should replace the "dashes" separately within a few minutes. If it doesn't, then try a few more times, or a full Reset (of Console and/or Transmitter/Solar Pod) may be required, as above.

You should cover the PV panel whilst you are changing the Transmitter batteries, but there is probably no need to cover the Solar Panel permanently; Non-Rechargeable and "Rechargeable" Alkaline cells are virtually identical. ;)

Cheers, Alan.
Iang
Weather Station: Datatech Solar
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

Post by Iang »

Many thanks water01 and Ally Cat for your help if it is not raining here in the morning I will give your suggestions a work out.