Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Temp flat-lining

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
JohnWG
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Win 10

Temp flat-lining

Post by JohnWG »

I've been running a WH1080 for several years. In the past few days, when launching Cumulus the inside and outside temperature on the Cumulus display and graph don't track that on the Console - it flat-lines on Cumulus.

I note from the log that there is an issue with the rain gauge showing a large count (and no rainfall today). I've not looked into that as am assuming that the two things are unrelated (and the topic is well covered in the FAQ).

I've got the temp spike removal set at 20C. Using Cumulus v1.9.4 build 1099 and Win 10 with all current updates.

Suggestions as to things to try appreciated

Regards

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Temp flat-lining

Post by steve »

If you zip up the diags folder and attach it to a reply in this thread, I'll take a look.
Steve
JohnWG

Post by JohnWG »

Thanks, Steve

I've only got a couple of diag logs - I re-installed the app just in case that was the problem, but it didn't change things

regards

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnWG

Post by JohnWG »

Steve

I've two instances running - one installed on the D:\ (which is the one that has been running for months) and a new install today on the root of the C:\ drive. The diag files I've just sent are from the new install. The files attached below are from the older install (also 1.9.4 1099).

Regards

John
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your station appears to have reset its memory pointer to the first memory location and stopped logging. When Cumulus starts up, it's reading old data (it's wrapped around to the end of the memory) and then when it starts reading live data, it's reading the first location. That entry has an indoor temp of 25.4 and an outdoor temp of 28.3. Cumulus hasn't been running long enough at the end of the diags file to say whether that ever changes, but from what you've said, it appears not.

You could try resetting the console, that may get it working again.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

JohnWG wrote:I've two instances running
Not at the same time, hopefully?
Steve
JohnWG

Post by JohnWG »

Steve,

Thanks. I agree that when it starts up Cumulus seems to read old data. I've had the batteries out of the Console and also "cleared" its memory. I do wonder if there is a factory reset (which I haven't found).

Apologies, my poor drafting - I've two instances loaded on the PC but only one running at a time.

Regards

John
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The usual way to reset is to remove the power (batteries and USB cable) for a few minutes. Of course, a reset will probably also reset the memory pointer (but not necessarily the contents of the logger data locations) so there is the possibility of old data being read anyway, initially. But it may get it logging again. If not, you could try resetting the logger interval using my SetLogger utility (on the downloads page). Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.
Steve
JohnWG

Post by JohnWG »

Steve

Thanks for looking into this. SetLogger made the final temp different, but it's still flat-lining. The only thing that I can think is to leave the Console batteries out for, say, 24 hours to see if the memory can be fully cleared.

Regards

John