Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Replacing faulty weather station

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
pernaczy
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH 2080, TFA Spring
Operating System: Windows 7

Replacing faulty weather station

Post by pernaczy »

1. My FO WH 2080 is working fine for about 2 years. The data are being collected one the "small" computer by Cumulus. You can see them here: http://www.pogoda-niesiolowice.kaszuby.pl/ . Maybe two months ago I noticed wrong pressure readings.
2. About a month ago I bought a new station (also FO WH 2080). For the last month it has been working fine and the data have been collected on another "big" computer by "Easy Weather".
3. Today, just after 18:00 (6th pm) local time I tried to exchange both consoles between the computers (all configurations settings on both consoles are the same).
An old console (with wrong pressure readings) which has been connected to "big" computer was recognized by EasyWeather, the data are being collected.
The new console has been connected to the "small" computer. After turning the computer on, Cumulus has not recognized the console and reported some kind of error (sorry but I have not remember an error number).
Questions:
a) why the new console has not been accepted by Cumulus?
b) what has to be done IOT Cumulus accepted the new console?
I have enclosed the "diags" folder.
Piotr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The day when I have learned something is not the lost one.
Ignorance can be corrected with the help of a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Replacing faulty weather station

Post by steve »

From the diags files, it appears to be working fine. On the startup at 18:14 the data it was getting was corrupted,but on the subsequent startup it appeared to be working OK.
Steve