Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How to check or change WOW password

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
roger41
Weather Station: Easyweather N96GY
Operating System: Windows 10

How to check or change WOW password

Post by roger41 »

Hi
Release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
WOW are not receiving my reports and have suggested it might be a Site ID or password issue. How do I check and change my WOW password? Can't find answer in FAQ
Thanks Roger41
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: How to check or change WOW password

Post by steve »

You change it the same way you set it in the first place, by using the WOW section of the Internet Settings screen (from the Configuration menu). You can check what you currently have set by looking in Cumulus.ini (in the [WOW] section).
Steve
roger41

Post by roger41 »

Hello Steve
I've checked my site ID and password. Wow is still not receiving my reports, any ideas?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Turn on debug logging, then look at the debug.log file after a WOW upload should have taken place. The attempted upload should be logged in the file, along with the response from WOW. It might also be useful to post a screen shot of the WOW section of the internet settings screen.
Steve
roger41

Post by roger41 »

Hello Steve. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've had problems with a Windows 10 upgrade screwing up my laptop. I've turned on the Debug logging, but cannot find the debug log file. As requested I've attacked a screen dump the internet setting showing the WOW section. I've entered the Site ID and entered the password I use to log onto WOW. Roger41
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You don't use your login password, you use the PIN for your station. I believe WOW are now calling the PIN the "Authentication Key" or something similar.
Steve
roger41

Post by roger41 »

Hi Steve. WOW tell me the pin is a 6 digit number of my own making. I've entered this into PIN bow of WOW section on the setting screen. Hopefully it will override what is already there and my station will start to transmit to WOW. Thanks again for your help.
roger41

Post by roger41 »

Hi Steve. I’ve entered a new 6 digit pin by clicking on Configuration, Internet and entering a 6 digit pin in the WOW section. Unfortunately WOW are still not receiving any reports. You have previously said that I can check what I have set by looking in Cumulus.ini in the WOW section. How do I get to or find Cumulus.ini?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Cumulus.ini is in the folder where you installed Cumulus. Open it in a text editor and find the [WOW] section. The PIN is actually called 'Password' in Cumulus.ini. Make sure you've set the value to the same as the 6-digit PIN you've set on the WOW site. And as above, you can turn on debug logging and look at the debug.log file to see how WOW responds when Cumulus does the upload.
Steve
roger41

Post by roger41 »

Hi Steve. I've attached MY Weather screen which is the first one I see when I open Cumulus. Where do I go to from here to view the debug.log file. The same applies to the text edit file in the WOW section do I go to from my weather to view Cumulus.ini. If it is not here how do I get to it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You turn on debug logging by selecting 'Debug log' from the configuration menu.

You find the debug.log file and Cumulus.ini file by using the file explorer in Windows.
Steve
roger41

Post by roger41 »

Hi Steve. My weather station is now reporting to WOW. The only problem I have is that no rain reports have been collected since September. I've clean the station of spiders and cobwebs and sprayed it with WD40 which I hope do the trick. Many thanks for your patience and help. Another donation will be on its way. :D