Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New to Cumulus - Some questions

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
PapaD
Weather Station: xc0348
Operating System: Windows 7

New to Cumulus - Some questions

Post by PapaD »

Hello

I'm new to Cumulus and am looking to confirm some things before using. I've looked through the FAQ and helpfiles but can't find the exact answer.

I have a xc0348 weather station. I'm only able to connect it once a week to a laptop, and then only for an hour or so. Am I correct in thinking that Cumulus will download the data from the period but to the last connection? And if the data storage becomes full, it continues to recognise the new data?

Also, the data recorded before the 1st connection will not downloaded (unless I fiddle with the data)?

Can I still back up the raw files from the weather station independent of Cumulus?

Thanks for your help.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New to Cumulus - Some questions

Post by steve »

That's all correct. Regarding the data storage becoming full, as long as you download before the earliest entry which you haven't yet downloaded gets overwritten, you'll be fine. The logger holds 4080 entries (assuming it doesn't have solar sensors), so you can work out how long you can eave it.

I don't understand the last question - what are the 'raw files from the weather station''?
Steve
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Yes, that model has only Solar charging NOT Solar Sensors. The default logging interval is usually 30 minutes, but it can be changed to something more useful such as 5 minutes by using Easyweather or Steve's easy "Setlogger" application.

You can use the Easyweather software to download the same data from the Console, provided that Cumulus is not running at the same time (and vice-versa).

Cheers, Alan.
PapaD
Weather Station: xc0348
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by PapaD »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

If I change the data logging interval, I need to do it via Easy Weather first and then in Cumulus?
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Yes, via Easyweather, or using Steve's "Set Logger Interval" utility from the downloads link. Then close Easyweather (if used) and start Cumulus.

AFAIK it's not essential to set the time interval (correctly or at all) within Cumulus, but strongly recommended to set it to the same as the logger interval (and not to 60 minutes or more).

Cheers, Alan.