Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

"Missing" data - Maplin WH1081 weather station

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Hundredacres
Weather Station: Maplin WH1081
Operating System: Windows 10

"Missing" data - Maplin WH1081 weather station

Post by Hundredacres »

Hi all,
I seem to be missing capturing data from when Cumulus hasn't been running (eg PC switched off), then run.
Running Windows 10, Cumulus v 1.9.4 build 1099, Maplin WH1081 weather station, configured as Fine Offset WH1080 etc

With PC on, Cumulus running, then data is read every 10sec according to display bottom RHS of Cumulus My Weather screen. Select-a graph shows expected data trend line with expected "noise" structure on temperature, RH etc.

When Cumulus is not running, then started, then data only seems to be captured every couple of hours e.g PC switched off today for ~ 5hrs but only "2 archive records read" according to My Weather screen bottom RHS. Also pop-up window that appears indicating data is being downloaded and processed only stays there for a fraction of a second - too short a time to read, implying that it isn't capturing the full data set. The Select-a-graph display supports this - a couple of data points only over 5hrs and long straight lines connecting them - no structure.

See attached file "Cumulus temperature graph" - PC on yesterday from 17:00 thro to 22:00 - on again 06:30 to 09:00, off thro to 17:00, then on. The straight line segments with very few data points can be clearly seen.

Batteries in receiver OK - no low battery warning (and in any case the odd data is captured whilst the PC and USB are down - indicating batteries are OK). Batteries in transmitter changed a couple of months ago - and data is captured OK at 10s intervals when Cumulus is running.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: "Missing" data - Maplin WH1081 weather station

Post by steve »

The usual cause of this is that you are allowing your PC to sleep/hibernate/standby/suspend while Cumulus is running. If that's not the case, please zip up the diags folder and attach it to a reply in this thread, and I'll take a look. What logging interval is your station set to?
Steve
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Yes, it looks as if the station logging interval might be very high (or non-existent). Try Steve's excellent "Setlogger" utility in the Downloads section ("Set Logger Interval") which can first read the present interval without changing anything.

Cheers, Alan.
Hundredacres

Post by Hundredacres »

Many thanks for your 2 responses to my question.

My PC is set to sleep so changed power setting to stay on all the time.

Also downloaded the Setlogger utility & the interval was indeed set very high, so changed it to 10 min & let's see how it now works out!

Thanks once again!

David
Hundredacres

Post by Hundredacres »

Hi Allycat & Steve,

Many thanks - now working fine!

David