Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error with dayfile.txt

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
shaunfish
Weather Station: Wastson W-8681
Operating System: win 7

Error with dayfile.txt

Post by shaunfish »

Hi all
I have a problem with the format of the dayfile and I am not sure how to solve it I will post images of the error. Please email me with solution to shaunfish@gmail.com
2017-08-12_7-46-59.png
2017-08-12_7-44-53.png
2017-08-12_7-45-26.png
I use a Watson W-8681 weather station

Thank you in advance
Shaun Fisher
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Error with dayfile.txt

Post by steve »

You will need to use a text editor to edit the file, with Cumulus stopped. The problem will probably be obvious, if not, attach your dayfile.txt here and someone will be able to help.
Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

My quick guess from your third image (that contains a tiny bit of dayfile.txt) is that you have a problem with your separator between integer and decimal parts, so a real number gets split between two columns instead of being within one column.
I suspect your number format and your list separator are both using the same character. (In Windows 7 control panel, Click the Change display language link, then click the Additional Settings button at the bottom of the window, and a customise format scrren is shown that includes the decimal character and the list separator).

Since you only have a few lines in the file, do as Steve suggests, use a text editor. That will show you if your decimal separator is comma and your CSV separator is also comma. See http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Dayfile.tx ... de_Cumulus if you want a detailed explanation.

Alternatively, in that Cumulus 1 editor your picture shows, work cell by cell, moving e.g. (first line) 1 into same cell as 5 as 5.1, 45 into cell that had 1 and is headed bearing, 11:32 into cell that had 45, 15 and 4 into cell headed minimum temp as 15.4 and so on.

By the way, all support forums work by giving the answer in the forum, not replying to an individual's email. You can choose to be notified by email when a reply is posted, see the options panel that appears below the box where you write a post.
shaunfish
Weather Station: Wastson W-8681
Operating System: win 7

Post by shaunfish »

I will try that but it still makes no sense to me as the column headings done correspond to the type if info that is inserted to me it looks like a bug and not a number formatting problem. Yes I know that only a small amount of data is provided but this happens in most of the columns.
dayfile.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

As swfs correctly guessed, you have set both the decimal separator and list separator on your system to a comma. This means that it is impossible to tell where one number ends and the next one begins. You will need to change one of them, as well as correcting your data.
Steve