Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Installation

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
TRex
Weather Station: Fine Offset/WH1081
Operating System: Windows 10

New Installation

Post by TRex »

Some 8 months ago, my Fine Offset died on me, and I have only just replaced it. As it is a slightly different model, and to avoid any confusion, I decided (rightly or wrongly) to uninstall the original version of Cumulus so that all past data was lost, and reinstall the latest version. This was done just a few days ago. When doing the configuration of Station Settings, I inadvertently set the wind speed at m/s instead of km/h, and it ran like that for about 24 hours. On realising my error, I went to reset the configuration, and remembered, as well as saw your warning to "Choose carefully.- If you change units later, your data will be wrong!" I can appreciate that if I have 18 months of data in one unit, say Imperial, and want to change it to Metric, then the old data will be incorrect, and records will be meaningless. If I change my data from m/s to km/h, will my new data be forever read and logged in m/s, and consequently be wrong by a factor of 3.6 for all time, or does it mean that from now on, my data will be correctly recorded in km/h, but the 4 days of data in m/s will still remain in the history files, and so cause a (very minor) inaccuracy in the long term reports? If the latter, I will live with the minor error, but if it means that I shall always be seeing m/s, thinking it to be km/h, is there a way to correct this? I am quite happy to uninstall/reinstall if required, but perhaps it is easiest just to delete the 4 days of incorrect wind records. Can anyone advise me on this please, or are there other better options?

Regards,

Mike
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New Installation

Post by steve »

It logs using whatever units are currently configured, as soon as they are configured.
Steve
TRex
Weather Station: Fine Offset/WH1081
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: New Installation

Post by TRex »

Hi Steve, Many thanks for a prompt reply.

Much appreciated as always.

Mike