Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data Restoration

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Skyline
Weather Station: EasyWeather WH1081
Operating System: XP

Data Restoration

Post by Skyline »

Hi,

Recently had a PC failure and lost a lot of historical weather data back to 2011. I recovered the majority of the data, but not until some months after starting again with a new PC. The new PC has weather data on it from the start of this year.

I copied all of the data from the recovered files and pasted it into the data file on the new PC. I can now see the historical data as well as the new stuff in 'select a graph'.

However I cannot get the all time records and annual reports to see the old data. Clearly I went about this the wrong way.

I cannot find this in the Wiki so if anyone has a pointer that would be much appreciated.

I'm using version 1.9.4 1099.

Thanks,
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Data Restoration

Post by steve »

Once you have repopulated monthly logs, you need to use the day file.txt editor to create the missing entries (or you may already have done that by copying the entries). Then you can use the other editors to extract the highs and lows. I'm pretty sure there is more information about this in the FAQ and wiki (possibly with reference to correcting data).
Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

steve wrote:I'm pretty sure there is more information about this in the FAQ and wiki (possibly with reference to correcting data).
Steve's memory is correct - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Dayfile.tx ... asurements describes how to use the various editors in Cumulus 1.
Skyline
Weather Station: EasyWeather WH1081
Operating System: XP

Post by Skyline »

Thanks for the advice, I will soldier on.