Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Problems with Culumus displaying forcast

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Harric1955
Weather Station: Smart Weather - WH2080
Operating System: Windows 10

Problems with Culumus displaying forcast

Postby Harric1955 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:28 am

I have a SMART Weather base station. Running EASY WEATHER Vs 1, with CULUMUS pigging back of it. Since 2014, it has ben working fine, then a few weeks ago I removed the batteries in the base station to erase the memory, as it was full, which I have done many times before without any problems. Now CULUMUS still displays the data, but will not produce a forecast. Nor is the information at the very top accurate. The forecast of daylight hours diminishing is stuck on 0.01s. I have reinstalled both sets of software, although I have noticed I am now running EASYWEATHER Vs 2. I have tried running CULUMUS, without EASYWEATHER, from some on-line manual I found, but I don't get anything then, so had to reinstall EASYWEATHER, to get CULUMUS back up and running again, but still no Forecast. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thank you. I am running WINDOWS 10 :groan:

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problems with Culumus displaying forcast

Postby steve » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:40 am

It sounds like you haven't set your co-ordinates correctly. That would affect the forecast and the sun/moon times.

Note that clearing the station memory is unnecessary and may lead to problems.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Jessie Lite rPi

Re: Problems with Culumus displaying forcast

Postby mcrossley » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:44 am

As Steve said, you don't need to remove the batteries to clear the console memory - the memory never needs clearing unless something goes wrong with the station. From what I have seen these Fine Offset station consoles seem to go wrong most often when they are power cycled, the usual victim being the pressure sensor for some reason.

Return to “Fine Offset/EasyWeather”