Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Help!

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Edge type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Help!

Postby dc1500 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Not had this happen to me in 9 years! Cumulus crashed and when re-started and has come up with a brand new default configuration settings file, wiping out all the previous internet settings and everything else. I have all the data files and web files but is the previous version of the config settings backed up anywhere and what else could this loss have affected?

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Help!

Postby steve » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Cumulus isn’t a backup program, I’m afraid that taking backups is your own responsibility. It takes copies of the data files (only) purely for the purposes of ‘rewinding’ to a previous point in time. It sounds like your Cumulus.ini file was corrupted by the crash - assuming that you are still running Cumulus in the same directory, and the problem isn’t that it is now looking in a different place for its files.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Edge type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby dc1500 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi Steve, thanks for the quick reply. I do a reasonable amount of backups but must admit that file isn't one that I have been that precious about and I guess it's not that essential to. I have one from last year and I think most of the settings will be the same. Are there likely to be any snags if I just replace the one its currently using?
Dave

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:38 pm

I think it should work fine.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “Fine Offset/EasyWeather”