Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WS1080 indoor temperature sensor?

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
m_kane
Weather Station: WS1080
Operating System: linux

WS1080 indoor temperature sensor?

Post by m_kane »

Does anybody have spare indoor temperature sensor for ws1080? Mine is defective and gives 5 degrees too high readings.
Or is there any way to calibrate it (on ws display, not in cumulus)
Sensor is first one from up in the picture (under battery connectors).

It seems difficult to find part from internet.. no any type markings in it :(
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: WS1080 indoor temperature sensor?

Post by Super-T »

Used my spare on the outdoor sensor but I am sure there are a lot of defunct indoor displays sitting around with members.
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Fine Offset have changed the internal hardware of the "WH1080" several times, including the T/H sensor. You appear to have copied the photo from the 2009 ".. Inside of..." thread. Does your sensor daughter-board (in the middle, below the barometric sensor) look exactly the same?

AFAIK, the temperature sensor is (now) part of the Temperature/Humidity sensor so you also need to determine if the Relative Humidity is anywhere near "correct". Earlier consoles had the problem that the battery/USB power-switching relay heated up the inside of the console slightly, but later versions do not use a relay. If your "temperature sensor" still uses a thermistor (bead) then you might "adjust" the temperature with a replacement, or with a series or parallel resistor, as appropriate.

BTW, where in the World are you located, as this may affect any spares/shipping solution?

Cheers, Alan.
m_kane
Weather Station: WS1080
Operating System: linux

Post by m_kane »

Hi Alan, thanks for response and sorry for a late reply.

My station is indeed little different. It has temp sensor board in different side of main board. There is hole in main board where sensor's eye comes through. The little sensor board looks similar so I thought that it is interchangeable..

Here is pictures of sensor board and main board:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9dt6ga678qdd ... 2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c38d4dbtzg5z ... 8.jpg?dl=0

I live in Finland. Of cource I am willing to pay shipping and part if You have replacement..

Regards, Ismo