Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Strange Trend Graph

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
akasonny
Weather Station: Zephyr TD-1000
Operating System: Windows 10

Strange Trend Graph

Post by akasonny »

( moved the cumulus 1 operation to another laptop. Since, I've been getting this strange graph in the trends area. Anybody ? (see attachment)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Strange Trend Graph

Post by steve »

It’s a bit difficult to tell from that thumbnail image, but it looks like it may be a problem with the data in dayfile.txt. There maybe error messages about this in the diags file, or it may be obvious from just looking at the file what the problem is. Check that the date formats are consistent, they all need to be dd/mm/yy
Steve
akasonny

Post by akasonny »

Try as I might, I couldn't see anything wonky in the dayfiles or the logs. The graph really never changes though I verified it and the T file are both in the right place both here and via FTP. Hate to reset all … think I'll just leave it as-is until I can get a better handle on it.

Thanks!
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I am assuming that a Zephyr TD-1000 is an Fine Offset look alike? If that is the case I saw these sort of results when the logger interval for the new data on the new PC got set to a different value from the existing data. Try checking the logger interval using Steve's utility at the bottom of the download sections here http://sandaysoft.com/downloads
David
akasonny

Post by akasonny »

Yes, correct. It is a fine offset.

I downloaded an ran Steve's Setlogger utility. It did change the timing from my manual entry of 3 minutes to 10. Could be it. I'll watch it closely. Many thanks for the suggestion. Fingers crossed.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

What have you got the daily graph number of days set to? I'm afraid I can't remember exactly where that setting is!
Steve