Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Latest EasyWeather Software - Fixed Date Issues/Rain Problem

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
glen.day
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/Vue
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Latest EasyWeather Software - Fixed Date Issues/Rain Problem

Post by glen.day »

Hey All,

I have been having HUGE problems with rain figures/date orders in the history section of EasyWeather - the .dat file would display correctly but when EasyWeather opened .dat file in the history section it would scramble the dates which would cause rain figures to display incorrect amounts.

I have really GOOD news for users that use EasyWeather/Cumulus at the same time and have the same problem as I did - I have recently been in contact with FOSHK which are the creators of the application EasyWeather and advised them of all the problems that I was having with the application and they have gotten back to me with a updated file to correct all issues, Finally!

So I thought I might share this information in this forum to prevent other EasyWeather/Cumulus uses going mad like I just about did! Please find below the link to the updated version of EasyWeather (Not to sure if FOSHK has updated their website with this version - but here you go anyway), please find link below:-

http://home.exetel.com.au/daygle/Files/EasyWeatherv.v2.0(4.16).zip

Now I have tested the dates with the above application and I can confirm that dates within the history file do not get scrambled - I have not yet tested the rain data as it hasn't rained yet in my area but I'm sure that the date fix will correct rain figures for the future. When it rains next I'll check figures and reply to this forum entry and advise of my results.

This has made my day, my web site hopefully will now display correct rain figures - hope this helps others.

Glen
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Latest EasyWeather Software - Fixed Date Issues/Rain Problem

Post by steve »

Glen,

Thanks for that.

Steve
Steve
glen.day
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/Vue
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Re: Latest EasyWeather Software - Fixed Date Issues/Rain Problem

Post by glen.day »

Sorry guys date problems/rain problems still exist in the above version, Fine Offset are still working on a fix, as soon as I receive fixed version I'll post link to download - see below email from Fine Offset:-

----- Original Message -----
To: glen.day
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:15 PM
Subject: rain data error problem

Dear Glen:

Your mentioned problem is well noted by us. Thanks for the feedback.

We are preparing a final bug list and will pass it to our software engineer to correct. However before we can give the updated software, could you try the following method to see if the problem could be minimized:

1. set the history data interval time to 30 minutes, rather than 5 minutes.
2. only have one Easyweather software running, it is not allowed to run two program of easyweather at the same time.

I believe the above precaution can greatly reduce the double reading of the software.

Once the updated version software available, I will send to you once it is available.

Thank you.
With best wishes
Henry
Fine Offset