Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

The "forecast" setting on the main page

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

The "forecast" setting on the main page

Post by daj »

Hi there

Could I ask what is expected on the "Forecast" section on the main page -- it is always blank for me and I can find no reference in the help to describe what it is for.

Many thanks for a great tool

David
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: The "forecast" setting on the main page

Post by steve »

David,

It's there for other types of station which provide a basic forecast based on pressure and wind trends. Easyweather doesn't have this, so nothing ever gets put in there. I'll change it so that the label gets removed when Easyweather is selected.

I should really do something about the web page too, but that's a bit trickier. It's probably best if Easyweather users just edit out the line "<p>Forecast: <#forecast></p>" from indexT.htm.

Steve
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

Thanks Steve

I guessed that might be the case! I'm new at all this weather station stuff but it is very exciting 8-)

Everything appears to work and my EasyWeather data appears on Cumulus -- all except the rain data which I hope is simply because there has been no rain since I set it up a few days ago. ( I'm not sure if we have had rain as I am not at home this week!! )

I do wonder if I should have bought a better device so that Cumulus could interface directly with the station rather than reading the EasyWeather.dat file (and me having to run two programs).
David
kippfordweather.uk
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Those stations do seem to be remarkably good value for money, though. But I don't know how accurate they are. I'm hoping that I will be able to get Cumulus 2 to talk directly to them, I have a reasonable idea of the protocol now.

Steve
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

steve wrote: I'm hoping that I will be able to get Cumulus 2 to talk directly to them, I have a reasonable idea of the protocol now.
Nice -- where is that PayPal donate button?! :D

Let me know if I can offer you any help? Testing/Documenting/Programming (depends what it is written in).
David
kippfordweather.uk
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

There will certainly be testing to do at some point, because I only have a VP2 and a mostly broken WMR928, so I can't test anything else myself.

Steve
Steve
Danny
Weather Station: Fine Offset WS1081

Post by Danny »

Hi there !
I am surprised of the accurate of the data that WS1081 gives. The official weather service of Buenos Aires has a Davis station connected to the internet ( experimental ) and I use to compare my data with that Davis station and I see that both gives almost same data all the time. Small differences appears because the station is 20 km. away from where I live.
You can see the kind of graphics of that software in this link:

http://www.smn.gov.ar/dpd/tiepre/mercobras/mb3uv.htm

It would be very nice if Cumulus could read the WS1081 in the same way EasyWeather does it, I mean not 24 hours the program running to read the station.

If this is very complicated, another way ( I think ) is that Cumulus can read all the Easyweather.dat file from the begining to the end and generates its own .dat file in order to have all data until the last time Easyweather has been run. I wish I am clear in what I want to mean with this.

Obviously is a total different way to make the program. I don´t know if WS1081 transmit the data or the program has to read from the inside chip and who knows how the source code is, at least the algorithm they used.

I am sure you already knows that.

My best regards,

Daniel
bluebeard
Weather Station: Watson W-8681

Post by bluebeard »

Re the forecast text. I, like one or two others have put a hyperlink next to it to direct it to our local 'official' forecast web sites or any related weather site. :)
http://www.lincs2locations.co.uk/weather

Crepuscular rays shine through everytime.................