Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

issues with easyweather 6.2

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Nykita
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: issues with easyweather 6.2

Post by Nykita »

DrMD wrote:What I find unbelievable no one has helped this guy yet this thread has made it to 2 pages.
Someone could have pointed out that he only needs, yes you still need, easy weather to setup
a station. After that he could try using Cumulus as it does what easy weather does and more.
He mostly likely does not even know what Cumulus is/does or capable of and now most likely
does not even care. Good one all, most definitely unbelievable.

The thing is this forum is for Cumulus, not Easy weather. It even says so at the top of every page:

Sandaysoft Support forum for Cumulus weather station software

Would you go to Apple computer for support issues on your Windows XP machine ???
No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up being twisted by others!
ppehkone
Weather Station: none
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by ppehkone »

There's no problem for me to install Cumulus. I have usually just installed what the user wants if it is possible. Please don't lose your nerves on account of my lack of knowledge.

So, if it is okay, I'd like to ask can Cumulus be used to replace easyweather in your opinion?
Someone could have pointed out that he only needs, yes you still need, easy weather to setup
a station. After that he could try using Cumulus as it does what easy weather does and more.
What I gather from this quote is that Cumulus cannot do the initial setup of the weather station. Am I correct in this assumption?
I sorta feel bad. Poor guy, I truly hope he gets answers. Beter yet, ditch what he's got, make a donation and get Cumulus. And we promise not to do this again. OK?
About ditching easyweather, sure I can do that. I never 'got' it in the first place. I only would have liked to install it because it was asked of me. But I think I need the answer to the question above about the initial setup of the weather station. I don't think it would be very nice of me to install a different product than what I was asked for if it cannot be used to replace the one I was asked to install.

Thank you everyone for your input on this matter.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

ppehkone wrote:What I gather from this quote is that Cumulus cannot do the initial setup of the weather station. Am I correct in this assumption?
Cumulus (intentionally) can't set the station's logging interval. I'm not aware of any other part of the setup that requires the use of software.
Steve