Sandaysoft

Support forum for Cumulus weather station software
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:22 am
Please click here before posting. Help me to help you!
Useful Links: Cumulus FAQ • Enhancement requests • Wiki (documentation) • Downloads
Please put your approximate location into your profile • Add your personal web site to the Cumulus user map
Read the Announcements and News section regularly!
Do not allow your PC to go into standby mode while Cumulus is running - read the readme.txt!
If you find Cumulus useful, please consider a donation -

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: issues with easyweather 6.2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:40 pm 

Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059
robynfali wrote:
Can anyone recommend some good Por......

oh, sorry wrong forum :bash: :bash:

Bahahahah. Yeah, I need help with my lawn mower!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:18 pm 

Weather Station: none
Operating System: Windows 7
Quote:
I am sorry but I do not understand why you are asking for support of EasyWeather on a support forum for CUMULUS software.

If you really are a Systems Administrator you will understand when I say that this is akin to asking for support of Linux from Microsoft!!

Oh,

I found this forum by googling the error message so I thought this would have been the right place to ask. I thought maybe EasyWeather was like an older name for Cumulus or something. I'm really not familiar with either one of these software. Sorry for the mix-up and thank you for educating me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm 

Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059
I sorta feel bad. Poor guy, I truly hope he gets answers. Beter yet, ditch what he's got, make a donation and get Cumulus. And we promise not to do this again. OK?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:04 am 

Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2080
Operating System: Win XP SP3, Win7 SP1
Unbelievable!!!!

Do these people not realize Easy weather and Cumulus are two COMPLETELY different programs. :lol: :o

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNCLEVE14

CWOP ID: EW4421

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:34 am 

Weather Station: NC265
Operating System: XP
What I find unbelievable no one has helped this guy yet this thread has made it to 2 pages.
Someone could have pointed out that he only needs, yes you still need, easy weather to setup
a station. After that he could try using Cumulus as it does what easy weather does and more.
He mostly likely does not even know what Cumulus is/does or capable of and now most likely
does not even care. Good one all, most definitely unbelievable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 am 

Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2080
Operating System: Win XP SP3, Win7 SP1
DrMD wrote:
What I find unbelievable no one has helped this guy yet this thread has made it to 2 pages.
Someone could have pointed out that he only needs, yes you still need, easy weather to setup
a station. After that he could try using Cumulus as it does what easy weather does and more.
He mostly likely does not even know what Cumulus is/does or capable of and now most likely
does not even care. Good one all, most definitely unbelievable.

The thing is this forum is for Cumulus, not Easy weather. It even says so at the top of every page:

Sandaysoft Support forum for Cumulus weather station software

Would you go to Apple computer for support issues on your Windows XP machine ???

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNCLEVE14

CWOP ID: EW4421

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 am 

Weather Station: none
Operating System: Windows 7
There's no problem for me to install Cumulus. I have usually just installed what the user wants if it is possible. Please don't lose your nerves on account of my lack of knowledge.

So, if it is okay, I'd like to ask can Cumulus be used to replace easyweather in your opinion?

Quote:

What I gather from this quote is that Cumulus cannot do the initial setup of the weather station. Am I correct in this assumption?

Quote:
I sorta feel bad. Poor guy, I truly hope he gets answers. Beter yet, ditch what he's got, make a donation and get Cumulus. And we promise not to do this again. OK?

About ditching easyweather, sure I can do that. I never 'got' it in the first place. I only would have liked to install it because it was asked of me. But I think I need the answer to the question above about the initial setup of the weather station. I don't think it would be very nice of me to install a different product than what I was asked for if it cannot be used to replace the one I was asked to install.

Thank you everyone for your input on this matter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 am 
Cumulus Author

Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows Home Server 2011
ppehkone wrote:
What I gather from this quote is that Cumulus cannot do the initial setup of the weather station. Am I correct in this assumption?

Cumulus (intentionally) can't set the station's logging interval. I'm not aware of any other part of the setup that requires the use of software.

Like Cumulus and want to support it? Please donate! Image