Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Downloading data from WS2083 to Cumulus

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Cloudblog60
Weather Station: WS2083
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

Downloading data from WS2083 to Cumulus

Post by Cloudblog60 »

I have had this weather station running for about 2 months and now as the memory is getting to about 75% full want to download the stored data. Cumulus doesn't seem to make sense of recorded data which appears only as highs and lows .. Putting odd dates in... And also it is pretty much impossible to find any clear instructions or means to download the stored data.
I wonder if I have done things in the correct order? I have had this connected at the start. Once the company had sent a new transmitter for the weather station.

Have used the old prog Heavy Weather in the past which worked fine with my old very trusty Technoline WS2300 and was easy to figure out. Sadly the Technoline died after about 7 years and hence the new station so far fraught with problems. Cumulus seems bit short on some basic steps.
Any thoughts most welcome. Thanks.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Downloading data from WS2083 to Cumulus

Post by steve »

Cumulus 'just works', once you have told it what type of station you have. You put in your station type, make sure your desired units are selected, and as a minimum that's all you need to get it reading data from your station. It is obviously important to choose the correct station type. If you want 'basic steps' that you say are missing, have you read the 'basic installation guide'? Have you read the 'getting started' section in the help? Or any of the help or other documentation?

I can't work out from your limited description exactly what problems you are having - screen shots and and an exact description of what is happening would be a good start. Have you read the post linked to near the top of the forum - 'please click here before posting' - which describes the kind of information that needs to be supplied to enable problems to be diagnosed. Have you looked at the FAQ? If you zip up the diags folder and attach it, I'll see if I can see anything obvious.

Note that as mentioned in the FAQ and the 'getting started' section in the help, Cumulus will not by default download the old data in your logger. It starts recording from when you first run it.

The equivalent of Heavy Weather for your station is EasyWeather, as supplied by the manufacturer. Perhaps you would be more comfortable using that.
Steve
Cloudblog60
Weather Station: WS2083
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

Re: Downloading data from WS2083 to Cumulus

Post by Cloudblog60 »

Thanks for reply Steve
I had read all the info actually but as nowt had worked I sent the query to you.
But your reply prompted me to test the system with some other software .. Then when that didn't work either to go back to Greenfrog the suppliers for the third time. They have now sent a new base station and a third replacement transmitter.
Brilliant... the whole system works a dream with Cumulus. Great prog.. Just a small matter of needing a functioning WS!