Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem with duplicate entry

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Problem with duplicate entry

Post by aznetcowboy »

I keep getting an error message saying "2/28/2013 9:09:59 AM : Duplicate entry at line 52 of dayfile.txt: 20/02/13. Please correct this by editing the file". I don't see any duplicates except for some entries with zeros in them, all of which are correct. What is the duplicate entry that for the life of me I can't see? I have attached the file. Hopefully someone has better eyes than I do and can find the source of this error. I have been getting it for the past week, and I am now throwing my hands up because I just don't see any problem.
:bash:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem with duplicate entry

Post by steve »

By 'duplicate', it means that you have two entries for a single day, not that they are necessarily exactly the same:
2013-02-28 18_01_23-C__Users_steve_Downloads_dayfile (1).txt - Notepad++.png
So something went wrong on the 20th, causing two 'rollovers'. If you still have the diags files from then (it will depend on how many times you have restarted Cumulus since then) if you zip up the diags folder and attach it, I may be able to see what went wrong.

You need to remove one of those entries. It may not be easy to decide which one to keep.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Re: Problem with duplicate entry

Post by aznetcowboy »

steve wrote:By 'duplicate', it means that you have two entries for a single day, not that they are necessarily exactly the same:

So something went wrong on the 20th, causing two 'rollovers'. If you still have the diags files from then (it will depend on how many times you have restarted Cumulus since then) if you zip up the diags folder and attach it, I may be able to see what went wrong.

You need to remove one of those entries. It may not be easy to decide which one to keep.
You are correct in that the diag file for that time frame is long gone. I just basically flipped and coin as to which line to delete. I'll have to live with what I have chosen. I think the one line looked better than the other, so that's the one I am using. I sure hope it is the better of the two and I think it is. :roll:
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us