Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New weather station WH-3080-solar

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
philcdav
Weather Station: MyDEL WX2008 Mk2 Fine Offset
Operating System: XP and W7

Re: New weather station WH-3080-solar

Post by philcdav »

Hi guys.

Well, what to say.

Now the station solar array seems to be running sweet with no glitches for the last 14 days.

http://www.philcdav.webspace.virginmedi ... trends.htm

Am not sure the figures are accurate but they do follow the trend.

I haven't touched anything other than clean the sockets and connectors although I did strip the solar sensor head to check for bad solder joints whu.

Nothing found so boxed it, reset and away she went.

Today has been the first day since the 14th for some serious rays and its recorded well. The UV certainly bronzed me.

I will await > 700 W/m2 before deciding whether to keep the solar array attached

Fingers crossed
Phil - G0DOR
rogerelite
Weather Station: Nevada WH-3080-solar
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by rogerelite »

Almost a year since I put the weather station up generally its done well. My only real gripe is the UV sensor after the first week it proved usless. We have been back to the manufactures and got nowhere, so I suspect we will drop selling them once we have cleared our stock. I think I have solved the problem, chucked the plastic dome and replaced it with a covering of flowable silicon rubber. Carefully sealed around the white solar dome, around the clear UV sensor and the around the solar panel (top and bottom). Then covered the whole of the white plastic sheet with the silicone, let it set and used normal silicon rubber to seal around the the edge between the white cover and the plastic base. Now I am getting maximum UV level of 15 the most I ever got when new was 7 for about 3 days. I'm still using the original batteries at the mast head, if they fail they can be replaced with standard NiMH batteries provided the temperature stays above -20C, the proper ones are very hard to get the main manufacture seems to have stopped producing for the moment. The only other mod I have done (apart from ones in the fist post) is extend the rain gauge lead so I can mount it on a solid surface instead of the mast, high winds caused false rainfall rates.
HoramFishery
Weather Station: Aercus ws3083
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by HoramFishery »

Hi rogerlite I bought a WS3083 and linked it to my website to provide the local weather for myself and anglers. It worked perfectly for several months and then suddenly the base unit refuses to update the cumulus software and therefore it will not update the website. Have you had this problem and if so how did you overcome it. I have followed Steve's advice on the November post but it has not helped. many thanks Graham
rogerelite
Weather Station: Nevada WH-3080-solar
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by rogerelite »

My console regularly fails to update the PC, I remove the USB cable and the batteries give it a few second put the batteries back in, reset date, time, month, year and every other thing that needs setting reconnect the USB cable and it works again, sometimes I have to restart cumulus as well. I suppose its done that 4 or 5 times this year. Just a note on the batteries in the outside transmitter you can use standard duracell type batteries down to about -20C.
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi Graham,
HoramFishery wrote: I have followed Steve's advice on the November post but it has not helped.
I'm not sure which of Steve's 20,000+ posts (or which November) you're referring to, but if it's about the "Synchronise Fine Offset Reads" function, then there's probably not much else that can be done. Of course, it may be worth replacing the USB cable with a better one (e.g. screened), or perhaps plugging into a different USB socket on the PC.

However, if (or more likely when) the supplied "Rechargeable Alkaline" cells in the transmitter fail, then IMHO there's no point in attempting to buy any "similar" type of technology. Most "normal" Alkaline cells will work just as well (at far lower cost), or other alternatives exist. For example, two NON-rechargeable Lithium AAs (particularly for low temperatures), or two Low-Self-Discharge ("Hybrid", etc.) NiMH cells (if their lower voltage is not an issue), or perhaps one LiFePO4 rechargeable AA (3.2 volts) combined with a "placeholder" (short-circuit, dummy) cell.

Cheers, Alan.
vaggos
Weather Station: PROWEATHER STATION 1080
Operating System: XP SP3, win7, Win10

Post by vaggos »

Hello
Do you remember the Mha of the battery of Nevada? I mean for sensors.
Thanks and regards to all.
Acharnes Athens Greece Meteo station
http://www.meteoacharnes.gr
https://weather.meteoacharnes.gr/
Thanks Sandaysoft