Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Realtime gauges v1.0.0.3 available for download

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Realtime gauges v1.0.0.3 available for download

Post by steve »

This version (hopefully) fixes the problem many people were experiencing with requiring a page reload. I've put it in the main downloads area:

http://sandaysoft.com/download/CumulusRealtime.zip
Steve
M1DUL
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 Plus Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Version

Re: Realtime gauges v1.0.0.3 available for download

Post by M1DUL »

steve wrote:This version (hopefully) fixes the problem many people were experiencing with requiring a page reload. I've put it in the main downloads area:

Hi Steve, I have just download the new up to the gauges, to the sever and tried my website and it now gets stuck on Loading Data Box. Please can you have a look for me to see if you are getting the same.

Because everyone else who has updated work fine.

Update I have now found why it was getting stuck on the Loading Box, it was because in the CumulusRealtime.xml it had the interval set to 5 sec and I changed it to 10 sec and now it is working OK Now.

Many Thanks
Mike
Mike

Weather Station : Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus Daytime Far's
Cumulus MX v.3.28.6 build 3283
https://branksomeweather.co.uk/index.htm
aadal
Weather Station: WH 1080

Post by aadal »

M1DUL wrote:
steve wrote:This version (hopefully) fixes the problem many people were experiencing with requiring a page reload. I've put it in the main downloads area:

Hi Steve, I have just download the new up to the gauges, to the sever and tried my website and it now gets stuck on Loading Data Box. Please can you have a look for me to see if you are getting the same.

Because everyone else who has updated work fine.

Update I have now found why it was getting stuck on the Loading Box, it was because in the CumulusRealtime.xml it had the interval set to 5 sec and I changed it to 10 sec and now it is working OK Now.

Many Thanks
Mike
Hi there i put mine http://www.aadal.org/weather/c_realtime ... ltime.html at update 5 secs. working fine here.
Cold be your server?

:)
  • Windows Vista

Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Post by Super-T »

Steve
Any chance of seeing the solution offered by Telerik to see if it applies when using ActiveX?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It's specific to Silverlight and the Telerik components, Terry. It involves forcing a pre-load of the component resources so they are available when my code tries to use them.
Steve
M1DUL
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 Plus Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Version

Post by M1DUL »

Hello Steve,
I have just tried my Gauges in IE8 and firefox and they are both working with out any errors. So I would like to say Thank you very much for fixing the problem for us.
Mike

Weather Station : Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus Daytime Far's
Cumulus MX v.3.28.6 build 3283
https://branksomeweather.co.uk/index.htm
NorthNJwx
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 & Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by NorthNJwx »

Sorry if this is a simple process for most, but I have no idea how to get the CumulusRealtime page to work.

I downloaded the zip, uploaded all of the files to my site except the readme file (including all of those dll files in the "xap" thing), set the xml file to upload and to refer to my realtime.txt file, etc. I'm not exactly sure what I could be missing here.

This is what I get on my page: http://www.nctelecom.net/oaknjwx/CumulusRealtime.html

It simply has a gray background, a page title, and absolutely nothing else.

I do indeed have Silverlight installed on the computer I'm typing this on. Cumulus is on a separate, weather-dedicated computer. For whatever reason, I can't install Silverlight on that computer - it says my browser/operating system are not compatible with Silverlight, despite the fact that I have the most updated version of Firefox and am running Windows XP on that computer, a combo that the Silverlight site says is fine (and that allowed me to install Silverlight on this computer with no problems).

Could the fact that I can't get Silverlight to install on the weather computer be my problem? Was I supposed to upload all of those files like I did (CumulusRealtime.html, CumulusRealtime.xml, all of those dll files in the xap thing, and the App Manifest thing) to my site, and are there any others I could be missing? Could it have something to do with me still uploading the older real-time wind gauges to my site at the same time? Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You're not supposed to extract the files from the xap, I'd have provided them separately if that was the case. Upload the xap file as is.

By the way, what do you mean by 'set the xml file to upload'?
Steve
NorthNJwx

Post by NorthNJwx »

steve wrote:You're not supposed to extract the files from the xap, I'd have provided them separately if that was the case. Upload the xap file as is.

By the way, what do you mean by 'set the xml file to upload'?
I uploaded the xap file on its own and then tried to upload each component of it separately. Should the xap file be a one-time upload, or should I have that set to upload along with the html files at a set interval? I have the same question about the xml file - does that need to only be uploaded once, or at a set interval?

What I meant by "setting" the xml file to upload is that I changed the realtime.txt location from your station's realtime.txt file to my own realtime.txt file and changed the site name to my own site name - although, even if I had not done so, it should have still displayed data, just from your station instead of mine, I guess.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You just upload, once only, three files: the .xap, the .xml, and the .html.
Steve
NorthNJwx

Post by NorthNJwx »

steve wrote:You just upload, once only, three files: the .xap, the .xml, and the .html.
Thanks - I just went through and uploaded the three files into my main directory/took the files out of the Cumulus upload lineup under internet settings...still no dice; I just have a gray background. I'm using WxSolution's built-in FTP uploader, by the way, since it allows you to upload a single file one time. I don't know if this is in any way relevant, but there is a box that must be checked as either "text" or "binary" for file type whenever I upload a file using this FTP. The default setting is Binary, and I've never changed it when uploading a file...perhaps I need to choose "text" for file type instead when uploading one or more of these files?
Martle
Weather Station: WS2305

Post by Martle »

I've finally got this baby to work after many problems with the downloading indicator sticking in Firefox and refreshing did not cure it. I had given up hope when I noticed that you had uploaded a mofified version. Uploaded all the files and it now works like a dream. 8-)

Very grateful to you Steve for modifying and tweaking but I just have a further question: Is it possible to place a link on the realtime page to the Cumulus 'regular' page for those people who haven't realised the beauty of tabbed browsing? My knowledge of html is very limited so if it is possible I'm afraid you'll need to put it into simple terms. :?

Many thanks for all your hard work and BTW this is my realtime page http://www.martle.com/weather/CumulusRealtime.html
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

NorthNJwx wrote:Thanks - I just went through and uploaded the three files into my main directory/took the files out of the Cumulus upload lineup under internet settings...still no dice; I just have a gray background.
The .xap file isn't there; http://www.nctelecom.net/oaknjwx/CumulusRealtime.xap gives a '404 not found'. The xml file is there, so I don't know what's happend to the .xap. It definitely needs uploading in binary mode, the other two probably would be OK either way.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Martle wrote:Very grateful to you Steve for modifying and tweaking but I just have a further question: Is it possible to place a link on the realtime page to the Cumulus 'regular' page for those people who haven't realised the beauty of tabbed browsing? My knowledge of html is very limited so if it is possible I'm afraid you'll need to put it into simple terms. :?
The supplied html page was just a quick 'get you going' container for the application. I'd assumed that people would just incorporate the Silverlight application somewhere on their web site. I had considered putting a configurable link in the application itself, but the problem as ever is catering for all the possible uses; an impossible task. I'll try to come up with something that integrates better with the existing supplied pages.
Steve
NorthNJwx

Post by NorthNJwx »

steve wrote:
The .xap file isn't there; http://www.nctelecom.net/oaknjwx/CumulusRealtime.xap gives a '404 not found'. The xml file is there, so I don't know what's happend to the .xap. It definitely needs uploading in binary mode, the other two probably would be OK either way.
Well I'm glad we know what the problem is. I wonder if there is a reason why I can't upload this .xap file. I also tried to upload it through Cumulus via the FTP page in internet settings, but it still doesn't work. I am only supposed to drag the .xap file out of the zipped folder and upload it as is, right? Maybe I need an actual FTP program to upload the file - I know free ones exist that I could try. I'll see if I have time to do something today, otherwise I'll be away until Sunday and will try then.

I wonder if perhaps my host doesn't have support for the Silverlight .xap file, in which case it would make sense that I could upload the .xml and .html files, but not the .xap. When I try to upload the .xap file on WxSolution, it says the upload was a success, even though no file actually made it to my site. In that case, I'll have to host CumulusRealtime elsewhere, I suppose. That, or maybe the fact that I can't get Silverlight to install on that computer may be problematic. In that case, I could just download a free FTP program on this computer & use it to send the .xap file to my site, since I have Silverlight on this computer.