Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

realtime.txt

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: realtime.txt

Post by steve »

The problem is that 'realtime' is becoming/has become something other than real time data. Not that it's necessarily a problem, it's just not what I envisaged! I'd have called it something different if I'd known. And no, I would haven't called it that... ;)

I don't propose to add anything that can be derived in PHP (or whatever) but the other two I'll do (at some point). For now I'll only be adding anything that I already have easily available.

I feel a bit mean turning down small requests when I'm in the middle of adding a completely new facility...

Steve
pinto
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Debian Buster

Post by pinto »

bpsmicro wrote:Low priority request, only if you find yourself messing with realtime.txt for some other reason, I'd love to have the equivalents of <#rrateTM> and <#TrrateTM> and maybe <#Tbeaufort> added (though I think I can calculate/lookup the latter via javascript (once I figure out a string-to-number conversion).

And if you were *really* feeling generous, I wouldn't mind having a new <#wchillTM> and <#TwchillTM> (low windchill & time) *and* equivalents in realtime.txt. Oh, and maybe <#humidexTM> and <#ThumidexTM> (high humidex).

I'll stop now. :-)

Brad.
Hi,
some tips

you can create your own realtime-bpsmicro.txt
you know the format, and the tags you need ~>

create a xxxx.txt file and put the tags in it, use cumulus internet extrafiles facility to process and upload the file in realtime

done

sample:

Code: Select all

<#date> <#time> <#tag> <#tag>
i.e.<value you need><space><value you need><space>, and so on

all in one line, and it should work (not tested)
:)
Jozef
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Yes - of course. I never think of these things :(

You can create a custom realtime.txt file using any data for which a tag already exists.

Steve
bpsmicro
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless
Operating System: XP SP3

Post by bpsmicro »

Sweet. I'll play with that. Thanks for the tip.